Pandora Motion Detector Add On For The Pandora

I have a firend who is currently developing a USB accelerometer the size of a pendrive, which would show to the USB host as a standard 3-axis joystick, Do you guys think the pandora would support this? The estimated retail is £15-£20.

parag0n said:
I have a firend who is currently developing a USB accelerometer the size of a pendrive, which would show to the USB host as a standard 3-axis joystick, Do you guys think the pandora would support this? The estimated retail is £15-£20.

It would be great. If your friend makes a free Linux driver for it, it will also works with Pandora. So you only have to ask your friend to make a Linux driver.

I think that USB dongle would be fantastic, but it wouldn't be a Wiimote replacement (infrared sensors are still useful). You could use USB accelerometer when you use Pandora as a handheld and use Wiimote when you play on TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Gutiérrez Palma said:
parag0n said:

It would be great. If your friend makes a free Linux driver for it, it will also works with Pandora. So you only have to ask your friend to make a Linux driver.

I think that USB dongle would be fantastic, but it wouldn't be a Wiimote replacement (infrared sensors are still useful). You could use USB accelerometer when you use Pandora as a handheld and use Wiimote when you play on TV.

Yep, I'm with that. Linux drivers, £15-£20, dongle. Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that if his design does not support High Speed mode on the host port, it will have to connect to the OTG port in host mode. This is the OMAP limitation I brought up a while back.

I thought that problem was fixed in the new silicon?

It shouldn't need any drivers, as it'd appear to the machine as a USB HID joystick, which linux / windows / osx all support out of the box.

That problem was timing violations and it has a solution, but the OMAP USB host port only supporting High Speed mode is a feature, not a mistake. The interface to various PHY's is different based on the speed you need (HS vs FS/LS) and so you only get one choice I guess.

Back