Dragon Quest IX (NDS)

fuji99

I haven't touched any other game since I picked this up, almost 170 hours played now. I was just wondering if anyone else here plays this game.

Also, first!

I play it too, since realease on my DS, now i m ready whit the story and make some things like leveln whit liquit metal slimes etc.. (meybe i get my party on level 100 bevore the 3ds relaesed..)

Geez, I still have to play Dragon Quest VIII first :)

But 170 hours? That's insane... I never spent more than 40 - 50 hours on an RPG...

How do you find your hours? Ive completed it, but I dont see any counter...

When you starts your game, the counter is on the savegame, in the startscreen...

beye the way: I played 76.Hours..

Last edited by a moderator:

But 170 hours? That's insane... I never spent more than 40 - 50 hours on an RPG...

This is the first time I have spent more than ~50 hours on a non MMORPG. The main story can be finished fairly quickly, but this DQ has a lot more post game content than previous entries.

Took me 10 hours for the main story, I got an achievement for fast finishing. How long did it take you?

Took me 10 hours for the main story, I got an achievement for fast finishing. How long did it take you?

I spent about 70 hours finishing the plot according to my battle records. I did a lot of training and quests before beating the last boss, and I generally take my time anyway. My ending accolade was "Entitled Adventurer", I wanted Immaculate Completion (I never wiped and still haven't) but apparently the one I got is higher priority.

Then don't you ever start playing the Elder Scrolls series...

I've spent ... *drumroll* ~240 hours playing Oblivion.

I plan on getting a weeks vacation for Skyrim ^_^

When you starts your game, the counter is on the savegame, in the startscreen...

beye the way: I played 76.Hours..

Those counters are never accurate for me. Inevitably I leave the game on the save screen (if the game counts time in there), or just standing around in a safe place in the world. I come back the next day and counter is up 12-16 hours. Do this a few times and you will never trust the hour counter again....

Then don't you ever start playing the Elder Scrolls series...

I've spent ... *drumroll* ~240 hours playing Oblivion.

I plan on getting a weeks vacation for Skyrim ^_^
Yes, I'm probably around that too on Oblivion, and with the same character. Probably spent around 30-40 hours in only decorating my house (I wanted the uniforms and armors of guards from all the cities to put on display, etc.) Kind of sad when you think about it :huh:

And I spent almost as much in Daggerfall and Morrowind, in a previous life...

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently picked this game up again after not playing for several months; there was a boatload of DLC quests waiting for me.

I've considered it, but only after a price drop (which WILL come, once the 3DS comes out).

I still have to complete Etrian Odyssey 3, and Radiant Historia should be here this week. Would you recommend DQ9? I played it on my R4 a while back and it wasn't too bad (made it to the second kingdom), but the battle system better shape up later or it's gonna be a borefest...

I've considered it, but only after a price drop (which WILL come, once the 3DS comes out).

I still have to complete Etrian Odyssey 3, and Radiant Historia should be here this week. Would you recommend DQ9? I played it on my R4 a while back and it wasn't too bad (made it to the second kingdom), but the battle system better shape up later or it's gonna be a borefest...

Check Amazon periodically, I've seen it for ~$20 a couple of times. I would definitely recommend it on sale to anyone that enjoys RPGs, as it sounds like you do. My favorite part of DQ9 is actually the postgame so you haven't seen the best part yet imo.

im still finishing up spirit tracks, hopefully before the flood of 3ds comes to fruition, never played any of the dq games, highly recommended? i finished golden sun dark dawn not too long ago, hows it compare to that?

im still finishing up spirit tracks, hopefully before the flood of 3ds comes to fruition, never played any of the dq games, highly recommended? i finished golden sun dark dawn not too long ago, hows it compare to that?

I haven't played Dark Dawn yet, but I have played the first Golden Sun. Assuming Dark Dawn is similar to its predecessor, I think you would enjoy DQ9 and the DQ series in general. DQ games including DQ9 have a tendency to start off slowly though, so be warned (although DQ9 is not as slow as some of the other games in the series). Also, you need to be able to access wifi with your DS to fully enjoy the postgame, which is my favorite part of the game.

Back