Dragonbox Pyra + Smartwatch

sm0kew0n

Very Active Member
What are the possibilities/difficulties of using a smartwatch with a mobile edition pyra?

I sold my soul to google at around android 1.6, I wear a watch because I'm hard of hearing, and my lecturers insist that phones be on silent. Is this something you would use?

Yeah I've been messing around with Pebble support: here

It's really just a proof of concept in preparation for the Pyra. Battery usage is a bit higher than I would like, but I'm hoping that the Pyra supporting BT LE will help with that, especially since new Pebbles will be BT LE only. So long as I can get it working, battery life should be a lot better.

If you've got a Pandora and would like to help me with testing, that is always appreciated. From what I can tell, I'm the only person who has successfully paired their Pebble to their Pandora.

If anyone else can get their watch paired, then I'll set them up with my libpebble PND that currently supports email notifications and music control.

Currently from what I can tell, old bluez/d-bus libs make pairing to the new Pebble OS (3.x) impossible. However anyone willing to downgrade their Pebble to 2.x firmware should be able to get it working.

Back