Dragon's Lair - August 16 (C4A competition)

Aaaaand we got some winner here!

No one seems to have managed to beat my Krystal Drop score - but I didn't have too much time to play Double Cross (but doubt I could've beaten that score!)

But CONGRATS to matti1234, you just won yourself a 30 EUR voucher for the shop!

Please do contact me via PM so I can send it to you.

Nice. Excellent work by matti1234 there - I can't imagine how fast the game would be then, and given it doesn't feature infinite rotate, I reckon that'd be pretty tricky even on normal tetris.

Not completely sure I understand what you're saying (probably because of my bad English), but anyway...

I can't imagine how fast the game would be then
You mean how fast it gets by the time you reach my top score?
Well, I guess that depends on how many rows you clear at once. Maybe if you managed to always clear eight rows at once (yeah, not very likely), the game might not be that fast yet, but if you only clear one row at the time the game probably gets really fast a lot before you have decent score. (I didn't pay that much attention on when exactly the game gets faster but I'm assuming it works the same way as in normal Tetris.)
Anyway, at level 9 the speed gets pretty much impossible. No idea if there's level 10 and it gets even faster.

and given it doesn't feature infinite rotate
Infinite rotate? Not sure what you mean by that.

I reckon that'd be pretty tricky even on normal tetris.
You mean it would be tricky to reach that same score in normal Tetris?
Are the scores for clearing a number of lines same in Double Cross and normal tetris? Anyway, even if they are same, the fact that you can clear more than four lines at once and get even bigger scores by doing that might actually make it easier to reach a certain score in Double Cross than in normal Tetris. (Or maybe not. I haven't really thought about it that well.)

Sorry if I completely misunderstood what you were saying and this post makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Infinite rotate is the codeword for that tetris feature I've kind of got used to, even though it was only invented around 1999 apparently - where by continuing to move or rotate a piece you can slide a piece into position, and by just continuing to rotate it, you could theoretically rotate it forever. Double cross does let you slide pieces in under other pieces, at least to two or three places, by letting you move it across as soon as the bottom of the piece is free to move.

I'd not really comprehended it was possible to get more than 4 lines at once, but I've just figured it out. Indeed, not very likely!

When I was trying to say with regards to normal tetris, I was assuming you were using some super-fast level (mind you, I think I only ever got to level 6). Modern tetris games have superfast modes which rely entirely on infinite rotate, as the pieces appear on the ground immediately on being produced, but without that they'd be literally impossible.

Back