Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

2x:1x / 1x:2x scaling FTW!

Aw look, now ya went and made me use an internet acronym.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will there be a screen rotation function ?

To play games like Brain Training without using the Pandora like a book...
It depends on whether or not the hardware can do it. If /dev/fb1 can handle it but /dev/fb0 can't it'll end up being a feature that's only useable with a uniform scaling mode. It'd probably be two 480x360 windows which would at least not leave a lot of black space (just 80 columns)

If the overlay hardware can't rotate then I'll probably hold off on this, at least for a while.

To be honest I don't see this as that big of a problem...  I wouldn't want to use  2:1 scaling in this mode anyway.  (though I suppose I could see a use case for TV Split in this mode...)

- Neelix

@ Mygames19:

Could you please drop the attached database file into your appdata/DraStic and try ToyStory 3 again?

- Neelix

EDIT:  oops,   I messed that one up...  I'll upload a new version shortly.

EDIT2: 

Ok,  fixed,  try this one. 

It would also be useful to know which region your ROMs are from.

If you're not sure,  I can use the ROM Title and Game Code to track it down. 

You can view these by highlighting your ROM in the file list and hitting the Y game-pad button until you get to the (rom-title) display. (If you have a lot of ROMs or a slow SD card this could take a while the first time you try it)   Then just read the still highlighted name and number.
I tried it, and sure enough, the game now starts up. Oh man is it slow though.

Almost all of my games are US, except Boulder Dash Rocks, Animaniacs, and The Great Giana Sisters which only came out in EU, and the Game & Watch Collections which only came out in Japan.

So I've cleaned up the compatibility list a bit, added some more information like game ID's and new games, and updated some existing listings that were outdated. hopefully the list is just a bit more helpful then before. :)

Still the same "bug" on PW3 trials and tribulations, where i can push "check" even below the emu screen.

Easy question: what do you think the response is ?

OT: The 3DS has a 1:1 resolution mode for DS games?   Don't think I've ever seen that...  *looks for it*  and I can't find it now....   how do you access that?

- Neelix

Can someone update the Gyakuten Saiban/Kenji entries now that the investigation bug is fixed and the Super Scribblenauts entry?

And any chance at getting warioware diy to boot? I think its because of the unsupported NAND save type but I'm not certain

Whoa. I got around to trying this out today, and.. It was marvelous. Almost all of the games I threw at it ran better than on my desktop PC.

I updated the Wiki with info regarding the games I got around to try. And I still have quite a bit to try out on the Pandora. Studies be damned, I'm surprised at how fresh these games feel. @___@

Thanks for the fantastic emulator!

Edit: Oh yeah, and it would be cool to have some relevant data of the game when the menu is open. Particularly the game ID, the filesize and clock speed. IIRC the version already is there. I dislike how I have to google for something like the IDs on a per-game basis when updating the wiki. So, if it's possible and not too much trouble~

You can get the ID on the file menu. Press Y a couple times.

You can get the ID on the file menu. Press Y a couple times.
Strange - that doesn't work for me.

The text at the bottom changes ("Y: switsch display (rom-title)" e.g.) but the list of files doesn't change.

It always shows the filename :wacko:

Back