Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

@ Exophase:

As soon as there is a new Wiki Page I'll add my tests.

This was just a first impression.

Is it easy to add scale 2x to make at least the 2D stuff look beautiful?

Will it also be playable if there would be a high res renderer for 3D stuff like PCSX has?

Awesome! Castlevania seems to work almost flawlessly, well up until the point until it crashed without warning (rebirth overclocked to 1Ghz which usually works fine), definitely fullspeed!

Pokemon Black has some glitches like flickering in text boxes and wrong colours in the health bar during battles. More importantly however, my version somehow freezes when trying to heal Pokemon at a Pokemon Center as well as when trying to save ingame - but I'm not really sure if that's Drastic's fault or if my ROM is somehow messed up, i.e. wrongly patched. Anyone else getting this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Kart with 1,2 Ghz runs absolutly perfect - no sound issues anymore!

thx Exophase for making this real :)

I can play Advance Wars: Dual Strike now. My life is complete.

I archived the old compatibility page and cleaned up a bit of the list.

Feel free to continue the reset, it's boring and long.

Games that were totally playable due to speed before, but run awesome now:

- Sands of Destruction (yay!) (Some invisible text on in-game options menu)

- The world ends with you (yay2!)

- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 (yay3!)

- Final Fantasy Tactics A2

- Echoes of Time

- Megaman Starforce

One system freeze occured, and I think these are related to the save states somehow.

(they don't happen, or don't happen as often when they are not used)

Great work, Exophase.

World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts 358/2, Okamiden, FF - 4 Heroes of Light, Dragon Quest Series, Heroes of Mana... all running fullspeed :D

And now my girlfriend can finally follow the story of Okamiden and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 on the big screen as well :D

Happy :D

Awesome Exophase, your tireless effort is much appreciated.

You outdid yourself again, Exophase! You've already earned unlimited beers if you ever come down near me.

Will test everything immediately, can't wait to see the improvements you've made. B)

Thanks Exophase, massive improvement in performance (on my original Panda)

disgaea DS seems playable now (although the sound is a little choppy)

Mario kart runs fine @ my rebirth pandora clocked at 1000 mhz, thank you exophase :) .

Back