Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Actually, I have to take the small card out of the acekard, hook that into the card reader on my computer, get the file off the small card onto the computer...check that file size....

THEN import that file to a different card (after changing the file extension) to get that onto my pandy....THEN play a bit and save a different file, and then get THAT file size.

So more than 5 seconds, LOL.

Seriously, I am just a bit overwhelmed here at the moment with less than 3 weeks till the move.

Is it an SD ? Why don't just put it in the pandora and read the size ?

edit: nevermind seems it uses micro-SD, maybe you don't have an adapter

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I have to take the small card out of the acekard, hook that into the card reader on my computer, get the file off the small card onto the computer...check that file size....

THEN import that file to a different card (after changing the file extension) to get that onto my pandy....THEN play a bit and save a different file, and then get THAT file size.

Seriously, I am just a bit overwhelmed here at the moment with less than 3 weeks till the move.
Well then, it's not that important to you, is it?

D.

Come on Exophase you lazy person, spending hundreds (thousands?) of hours to give us one of the most impressive pieces of Pandora software, for free, and then having the cheek to expect us to right click properties and get a file size? Do you think we have all the free time in the world? Honestly...

So I just tried Dragon Quest VI and I had no problems swapping saves between the DS and Pandora.  I transfered back and forth multiple times, each time making sure I picked up a different item to make sure it would be there on the other system.  This is how I did it: After creating the save on the DS, I put the Micro SD card in an adapter and put it in the Pandora. Then I renamed the save from .sav to .dsv. Then I loaded up DraStic and played a bit.  After I saved it in DraStic, I renamed the save back to .sav, while still on the Pandora.  After that I copied back to the Micro SD and put it in my Acekard.  After loading the game, the new items were there.

And also, not that it really matters now, but the save file from Acekard was 512k again and the save from DraStic was 64k.

D.
Actually...yes, it is...but, in the greater scheme of things RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT....no, it isn't.  Not if I have to invest a lot of time into it.

Have you ever moved across country before?

I could give that a try, frefol.  And appreciate your test...and directions on how it worked for you.

The time factor is just a thing for me at the moment.  Likely, I'll bookmark this page so that, after my move, I can try it.

I am in the process, right now, of getting rid of 22 years worth of accumulated junk...let me tell you it is time consuming and exhausting.

Actually...yes, it is...but, in the greater scheme of thisng RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT....o, it isn't.  Not if I have to invest a lot of time into it.

Have you ever moved across country before?
Yes, both vertically and horizontally. Thing is, for all the preparation it took, I did actually have some time each day where I wasn't actively preparing to move - I was just about to go to bed of an evening, or taking an hour off for dinner, taking a few minutes to post to a forum... etc.

And as discovering the size of a file is literally a 30 second job... Ok, a minute if you have to google how to do it from a terminal...

D.

I have a small request, would it be possible to have an option to specify the gap between the two screens especially in vertical mode in the next release, whenever that may be?  Not that it's a big deal but would be nice to see a circle made up by two halves of a circle with proper gap.   Or whatever stuff that use both screens to form the complete image.

The Android version is really nice where it provides this flexibilty, but the Shield is not my everyday companion.

Well, I have another request regarding controls.

It happens in Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles, that action usually happens in top screen, but for some moves you have to press (and maintain pressed) "L" and then the main screen becomes the bottom one (and needs touch input).

Therefor in Pandora the only option is to run the two screens at same size, or, here comes my suggestion: allow to map a button that while pressed it changes the main screen in emulator, you know like when you press "X" but reverting change when releasing the button.

I haven't dig that much in the DS catalog and I don't know if such a feature may be more useful or just a gimmick for a particular game.

Okamiden has a similar mechanism where the top screen gets copied down to the bottom for you to draw on, although the trigger is different in that case (I forget exactly how it works, but I think you just had to press a button, and it'd cancel when you finished a drawing). But I just played that with two same sized screens, as I find the 1.5x size fine for either a display screen or a touchscreen - I only use the 2x1x modes in games like MarioKart and Picross where one screen or the other doesn't contain any high-res information, so can be minimised without losing anything.

So I'm not sure how this could be implemented. Some sort of cheat format we could use that would latch on to the act of entering the screen-swap mode and trigger the emulator to swap the screens? So Exo would need to define how cheats should talk to the emulator, and leave it up to the rest of us to make those cheat files for games that we want to play.

Could an AR cheat be made to do this, or is a screenswap too complex to do by merely editing RAM?

Also, I wonder if it would be useful to map the nub to part of the touch screen and thus enable analog control in SM64DS. But perhaps that would only be relevant for that one game, I'm not sure how widespread that is...

I have a small request, would it be possible to have an option to specify the gap between the two screens especially in vertical mode in the next release, whenever that may be?  Not that it's a big deal but would be nice to see a circle made up by two halves of a circle with proper gap.   Or whatever stuff that use both screens to form the complete image.

The Android version is really nice where it provides this flexibilty, but the Shield is not my everyday companion.

While I'm on a roll like Zero3K, ;) can I ask for another feature?  The ability to map buttons to external controllers?
I talked about both of these things earlier in the thread. I'd like to work them in somehow, but it's a lot of work, like, GUI-wise. And I'm busy with other stuff right now so it could be a while, sorry :/

Therefor in Pandora the only option is to run the two screens at same size, or, here comes my suggestion: allow to map a button that while pressed it changes the main screen in emulator, you know like when you press "X" but reverting change when releasing the button.
There's an option to pin the 3D screen to one of the two screens shown instead of allowing the game to swap them. Does that help with this at all?

Thank you.  I am in no hurry.  Take care of your more important stuff first.  This can wait Two MonthsTM

Didn't notice the option to pin screen. Certainly it makes Final Fantasy perfectly playable for me.

Thanks a lot.

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to get out of this place in Metal Slug 7 (US).  Here is the savestate.

Attachments

• Metal Slug 7 (US)_0.dss.txt
    2 MB · Views: 155
Back