Dreamcast Emulation? Newbie

spaceboygp32x

sorry but you guys are so much nicer than the dreamcast lot! - and there forums all black and scary!

I just want to know - if i want to play emulators and beats of rage on a dreamcast - do I have to get it modchipped? or does it read cdr's without one?

sPaCe :ph34r:

LHC posted on Feb 26 2005 at 03:17 PM said:
There isn't a mod chip required, and any CDR should be fine.

wow - ebay ebay ebay!!

Last edited by a moderator:
spray posted on Feb 26 2005 at 04:05 PM said:
if you've got the staying power, its worth saving up for an xbox, if you're after emulation.

I dont want to modchip though!

+ dreamcasts are going for £10 on ebay (shhhhhh)

+ xbox isnt very retro!!

that means i can spray it - sticker it - let my little boy play it! without fear of ruining anything!

it will be like a big daddy to my Gp32!

hooray!

You don't need a modchip or to open the unit at all. softmodding works pretty reliably on most older xboxes now, just need a certain game and an action replay memory card...

meandu229 posted on Feb 26 2005 at 05:48 PM said:
kool i may buy one of them,, wat systems does that emulate 100%?? does it emulate the gp?

if you mean the dreamcast - think its pretty good on mame and genesis, amiga and atari ST... theres a GBA emulator forthcoming

I think that Doom and Beats of rage were ported from the dreamcast to the GP so no need to emulate the GP32!

all the BOR.PAK files are roughly the same!!

from what i can gather you just make bootable disks like we make smc's

yay!

its a big GP32!!

It' s not to diss the dev' s work on the snes emu, but I think that Opensnes is far more better talking about speed!

Iceberg posted on Feb 26 2005 at 06:21 PM said:
It' s not to diss the dev' s work on the snes emu, but I think that Opensnes is far more better talking about speed!

yay got one

postage was steep (£10)

but got unit and leads for £10

The DC can emulate anything below and including NES pretty near perfect. Snes emulation unfortunately is about the same as the GP32... personally saving up for an xbox :)

Yeah, I use dreamcast for the awesome games. The best arcade console imo. My xbox is to enjoy the more recent games (enjoying second sight at the moment), emulation and most of all, XBMC.

Dozer posted on Feb 27 2005 at 12:26 PM said:
Yeah, I use dreamcast for the awesome games. The best arcade console imo. My xbox is to enjoy the more recent games (enjoying second sight at the moment), emulation and most of all, XBMC.

it does mame!

it runs beats of rage! two player

it runs doom!

for £10 ill be happy!

my pcruns snes perfect - its a handheld I really want snes to worj for

Yeah, I had a go at mame on dc and it's ok. It's just I origionally bought a dreamcast for it's divx players and emulators. After finding it's amazing games I used it for that instead and saved up for an xbox to do the other stuff as it does it much better. Mame on the box rox :D. Although dc is deffinately better value for money.

Dozer posted on Feb 27 2005 at 11:06 PM said:
Yeah, I had a go at mame on dc and it's ok. It's just I origionally bought a dreamcast for it's divx players and emulators. After finding it's amazing games I used it for that instead and saved up for an xbox to do the other stuff as it does it much better. Mame on the box rox :D. Although dc is deffinately better value for money.

divx - interesting! - what player do you use...

oh and what games do you recomend?

is there a version of hundred swords? love that game!

Back