Dreamcast

TOY COMANDER
that game rocked ASSSSSSSS
woohoo
great multiplayer and story
it was like a modern war field but set in a house

Shenmue was great. You've got to love any game that starts with you witnessing your father's brutal murder and then promptly drops you into a game where:
  • Your first interaction with the world is likely to be saving a small girl from being hit by a stray football,
  • You get pocket money once a week,
  • Which you spend on little collectable sonic figures,
  • You need to be home by your bedtime each night,
  • You get such fantastic quests to complete as "deliver this letter to mrs Fu-Shin-Cho",
  • You have to examine every door in town (by lining it up in first person view) to find out where Mrs Fu-Shin-Cho lives while being careful not to mistake her with her neighbours Fu-Cho-Shin and Fu-Shun-Cho.
Ok, I'm exagerating, but not by much. Not by much at all.

A great game, and really one that only the japanese could have come up with.

They've been said repeatedly already, but

Toy Commander
Skies of Arcadia

Those two games alone are worth having my DC hooked up for.

well here's my list of greats for the best system of the last generation :D

Sonic Adventure, JGR
SOA & Grandia 2, Shenmue1&2
SF3s, MVC2, Soul Calibur
Ikaruga, Psyvariar2, ZeroGunner2
FerrariF355, Berserk, and definitely many more i'm forgetting.

also, have you guys tried under defeat? that game is definitely one of the best vertical shooters! the graphics are insane..i'll have to pick one up once i get the $$.

FluffyPanda posted on Apr 12 2006 at 07:20 PM said:
Shenmue was great. You've got to love any game that starts with you witnessing your father's brutal murder and then promptly drops you into a game where:
  • Your first interaction with the world is likely to be saving a small girl from being hit by a stray football,
  • You get pocket money once a week,
  • Which you spend on little collectable sonic figures,
  • You need to be home by your bedtime each night,
  • You get such fantastic quests to complete as "deliver this letter to mrs Fu-Shin-Cho",
  • You have to examine every door in town (by lining it up in first person view) to find out where Mrs Fu-Shin-Cho lives while being careful not to mistake her with her neighbours Fu-Cho-Shin and Fu-Shun-Cho.
Ok, I'm exagerating, but not by much. Not by much at all.

A great game, and really one that only the japanese could have come up with.

Dont' forget about caring for a little cat, buying small packets of meat at the shop to feed it.

Shenmue really is a great game, as outlined above. And Shenmue 2 makes the experience even better, so much to see and do... a whole virtual community to get lost and involved in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: I've have a couple of aquired games that I want to burn to CD-Rs but they are bigger than 700mb so I bought some 800mb CD-Rs and I'm using Nero 5. My cd drive apparantly is capable of overburning and I changed the settings in Nero to enable overburning but Nero isn't recognising the disk properly and thinks it only has 96mb of data free even though the disk is brand new.
Any pointers anyone?

Back