Drmd, And Reesy = Brilliant!

i think he made dr.z80 for rlyeh but then he had problem implementing it

so he made his own emu

i love his logic

Have some faith poeple.

Lots a devs are living a 'rockstar life' on forum's, where some people act like the the paparazzi of the gp32 scene.

I dont blame them staying low until they release something new.

That is great. I still wonder what happened to drive him away from this board. This is a problem. I think we have a good community here but if users especially devs get driven away that is bad. I don't know what the issue was but maybe we should be careful with the flames and nagging in the future.

Anyway this emu is on track to become one of the best if not THE best emu on the system. I will donate something after the next release. Thanks to Reesy for this great emu :)

There were some posts like "the sound is shit compared to fGen", and so on.

It were only a few people out of the hundreds here on the board, but enough to make Reesy leave :(

Now that you mention it I do remember someone saying that. Hopefully he will be banned or something :angry: Hopefully someday Reesy will return, it is too bad one ass has to ruin it for all of us.

Or how about this, why don't people grow up ?

If you can't take criticism don't ever do anything, or leave the house.

Are programers such prima donnas that if someone says something negative about their work, they go sulking back home ?

Are programers such prima donnas that if someone says something negative about their work, they go sulking back home ?

Calling a great coder, who's providing a free emulator to many grateful folks a "prima donna" is hardly an example of this "grown up" behavior that you seem to embrace.

Follow your own advice, bub.

Last edited by a moderator:

"The sound is shit" is hardly constructive criticism. "I have noticed that the sound is a little off in xyz game" is more constructive. I guess you don't know what it is like to bust your ass on some software just to have have some ROM lamer bash your work calling it shit. Slagging off soneones work because your favourite game don't run perfect is so lame. He isn't the first coder to leave these boards because of this. See, even this thread was started in a posive tone and ended up in a flame war, I don't blame Reesy for blowing off this board. I think you need to grow up, have a little class.

Back to the fun stuff, DrMd RULZ!!!!!!!!

He's not getting paid to do this, so why should he need to take abuse? People should:

a) be happy they're getting ANYTHING for doing nothing in return, and

B) realize it is obviously a work in progress -- if they want to help by beta testing and pointing out the faults, fantastic -- but if they just want to bitch & moan, go to a GBA forum with the other kiddies.

Reesy is a bloody hero for the work he's done and I can't congratulate him enough.

Calling a great coder, who's providing a free emulator to many grateful folks a "prima donna" is hardly an example of this "grown up" behavior that you seem to embrace.

Follow your own advice, bub.
See theres the problem,people always misquoting and misunderstanding.

Did I say they were "prima donnas", NO !

I asked if programers were prima donnas , and if they sulk if people don't like their work.

Apparently this forum is full of underage people. Because I have been running 3 businesses for over 12 years and have learned something. MOST PEOPLE ARE LOUD MOUTH IDIOTS THAT DON'T KNOW $#IT .

So you learn to ignore them and take their comments for what they are, NONSENSE.

But what you guys are saying is : Hey everybody, be very nice and kind to these programmers so they don't quit.

And all I'm saying is if they can't learn to ignore people and keep going on with their lives then they are going to have a real hard time making it in the real world.

He's not getting paid to do this, so why should he need to take abuse? People should:

Reesy is a bloody hero for the work he's done and I can't congratulate him enough.

Why should he take abuse ? He doesn't have to , but he should be smart enough to ignore 12 year old idiots .

He's a hero ? I admit he's an excellent coder but a hero ? Does he save peoples lives and rescue kittens in trees? Lets not go overboard here.

jonjandran,

Spare us the drivel about you and your 3 businesses. (pr0n?)

Unlike your businesses, free emu devs aren't in it for the money (obviously). They're hobbyists in it for the fun, and basically YES, if some IDIOT makes them feel like their work isn't good it does hurt a little. It can't be helped, these are labors of love. Like homemade cookies. You want people to like your cookies, to smile and say mmmm these are delicious, thank you! Of course you may not care if people insult your businesses, because your main interest is money, not making people happy just because you're a nice guy and have a talent worth sharing. Big difference. To a large degree, most free devs really are generous and giving people, even tho they try to act like they aren't sometimes, their actions tell otherwise. They do deserve our appreciation and thanks.

Anyone dumb enough to insult FREE emus (or games etc.) is the immature "underage" dork, not the other way around.

But what you guys are saying is : Hey everybody, be very nice and kind to these programmers so they don't quit.

As opposed to WHAT? We aren't supposed to be nice to them? Are you concerned about having the right to insult and bitch at them?

And all I'm saying is if they can't learn to ignore people and keep going on with their lives then they are going to have a real hard time making it in the real world.

Most of these guys do just fine in the real world. I know for a fact that many emu devs also have success as commercial programmers and solid social lives.

Again, the real social defectives in this situation are the fools who insult and complain about FREE stuff. If you don't like it, don't use it - it's FREE. But nobody wants to hear anyone's childish bitching and moaning.

Apparently this forum is full of underage people. Because I have been running 3 businesses for over 12 years and have learned something. MOST PEOPLE ARE LOUD MOUTH IDIOTS THAT DON'T KNOW $#IT .

:blink:

Are you insinuating that this forum is comprised of children, since you've run businesses??

You're right about one thing, most people are loud mouth idiots (take a look in the mirror to see my point).

Jackass.

Are you insinuating that this forum is comprised of children, since you've run businesses??

You're right about one thing, most people are loud mouth idiots (take a look in the mirror to see my point).

Jackass.
Exactly my point. You've proved it quite well . Another loud mouth idiot that I will now ignore.

Boy, oh boy. Do they even teach people to read with comprehension anymore in school ?

Everything I've said was taken out of context, or twisted, or misquoted.

But then again , what should someone expect from a Forum ? Intelligent conversation and replies ? I guess not.

Why don't you guys do me a favor and go back and read my posts and then if you have something intelligent to say, then reply.

No-where did I ever put down coders, or programmers or there work, social life, or habits. Nor did I ever brag about my businesses, they could be Lemonade stands for all you know. "Spare us the drivel about your 3 businesses". I made one comment about it and it's drivel. :lol: Boy the intelligence here really is overwhelming.

And the comment " Again, the real social defectives in this situation are the fools who insult and complain about FREE stuff. If you don't like it, don't use it - it's FREE. But nobody wants to hear anyone's childish bitching and moaning. " is so stupid it's hard to even respond to. :lol: So you're saying if someone gives you something, even if it's a piece of crap , you should just smile and say "Thank You". Come on , give me a break :rolleyes:

But this was never about any of this. This to me was always about people being so "thin skinned" that they run away crying if someone hurts their feelings. Oce again I say "GROW UP"

Jackass.
Exactly my point. You've proved it quite well . Another loud mouth idiot that I will now ignore.

:lol: Thanks man, I haven't had this much fun on a forum in months!

You're a condescending jerkoff, who's worse than the idiots who caleed Reesey's emu shit ... but keep ignoring me, I don't mind. :lol:

Back