Drmd Stopped Working

paulobecker

Website
paulobecker.deviantart.com
I was playing Road Rash in DrMd5bv6 the other day, and after loading a savestate the emu hanged on me. I turned the GP2X off and on again, and when I tried loading the rom (not the state) again all I got was a black screen. Turned off and on, tried again, same problem. Repeated this process 4 more times with different roms, and got the same black screen in every one of them.

I tried deleting the emu configuration files thinking they might be corrupted, but that didn't help either. The emu always starts, but any rom I try loading crashes it. I then proceeded to deleting the emulator directory, installing a brand new one (this time I went with v7 instead of 6), but much to my disappointment, the problem remains. I'm really clueless about this. Should I try reformatting my card? Could there be any explanation for this issue?

Stuff that might be relevant: using a MK2 with FW2.0, 4GB A-Data SD card.

yo

I hear what your saying. I've had this blank screen thing happen .. I had a thread called "When Roms Go Bad" at one point. I almost made myself believe roms had an EXPIRATION DATE at one point!

anyways..I don't have an answer, but I have a fix...when you find your collection of roms that you like, back them up on your desktop, untouched by your GP2x .. so if anything goes screwy, just reload everything..
I'm on FW2.0 and I use a-data2 gig btw.

I'd love a real explanation to your probem though, just as much as you would...if anyone's got one.

An update on the situation...

I tried re-formatting my card and copying everything to it again, in the hopes that maybe something had gone wrong with the filesystem, but unfortunately it didn't do me any good.

I also attempted to use older versions of the emulator (v5b4, v5b5 and v5b6 in addition to v5b7), and they all reproduced the exact same problem. Is it possible that something's screwed up with the firmware? Seems like a longshot, since everything else is working fine, but I can't think of any other reasons for such weirdness with DrMd :(

EDIT: after following ketchupgun's advice, I managed to get it working again. Had to delete all the roms and copy brand new ones to the SD, and that did the trick. Thanks a bunch :)

Back