Squidesnes Doesnt Work Anymore...

Sonic-NKT

Hi,
just started to prepare my gp2x for a weekend trip and put squidgesnes and some snes roms on the sd..
it starts but after loading the rom the screen just stays black and i have to reset the gp2x, i tried several vesions of the emu.
any ideas? i use the the latest official firmware at the moment.

roms are extracted and the rom path should be right since i can see the roms in the selector :)

Hmmm, a buddy at work had trouble with un-zipped ROMs ... have you tried to load .zipped ones? I only use .zipped ones myself, and they run fine ...

</long shot>

I'm new to the world of GP2X, and I'm having problems with SquidgeSNES as well.

I (think) I've installed the SDL libraries- I installed as per the guide that's listed on the wiki. Screen went blank, I went back to the menu.

I'm running firmware version 1.4, I've tried both Squidgesnes 0.34 and 0.35, I've tried zipping the *.smc files (so that they're each in their own *.zip files), and I still get the same problem:

When I tell SquidgeSNES to load a certain ROM, it says "Attempting to rom: roms/filename.smc (or .zip)"
Afterwards, the default skin's background is there, but there is no game output.

I saw this thread and thought this was the appropriate place to post this. Sorry if it's not, or if this has been answered before - I've looked around and I can't find a thing.

edit: Apparently, unchecking the "use absolute directory" option does not work as intended. The roms HAVE to be in /roms/snes/ regardless of what the readme says.

Back