Drmd Version 3.0

Being new to the GP32 world, I must say that this emu ROCKS. However, the ONE game I really want to use it for is currently not working. This emu is worth any donation money, si it is my intent to do so very soon.

The game I am looking for is Master of Monsters. For the most part, it works. Hoever, the entire status bar and map on the right side of the screen is nothing but black. I hope to see this fixed so that my buddies and I can have a good game for the road!

Nearly eveything else I have been interested in playing has worked perfectly. It's nice to have Phantasy Star 4 on the go! Keep up the excellent work, Reesey!

-A Happy Customer

DrMD News
-------------

Right I've fixed the control issues on most games. I've also fixed some DMA problems this has fixed the graphical errors in Samurai Showdown.

Games fixed since version 3.

Decap Attack. - now controllable
Power Instinct. - now controllable
Samuria Showdown. - now controllable and referee sprites now work
Landstalker - Text now appears
SuperStar Soccer Delux - Game now works...just don't press any keys while sega logo is on screen or it crashes...wierd

Games still broken that I've looked at

Control Hard Corps - horizontal scrolling is screwed
Bram Stokers Dracula - no sprites, menus respond to control because you hear noices as you move up and down but none of menu graphics change...wierd.

Awesome! thanks for the update, thanks again much for the great job with this :)
Very much appreciated.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 11 2005 at 08:18 AM said:
So is this an updated 3.0 or is there a newer version?

Nope there is no new version, it was just some news to let everyone that progress is being made. Beta 10 will *probably* be released later today but I wouldn't sit by computer all day constantly checking your email as Beta releases have a habit of not happening.

I'm currently optimising the menu rendering routines so that I can drop the menu cpu speed. It currently runs at 133Mhz which is far too high for a simple menu, I'm currently using Mr.Mirkos sprite routines which are very robust but a little too slow. I'm pretty confident I'll get this done today as long as my wife doesn't decide that she requires the services of "Rees Cabs".

Later

Reesy

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, Star Control still doesn't work. it has no ingame menu, which is essential for a strategic game, of course.

I wouldn't worry about compatibilty lists for non-public releases.

Beta 11 tests thus far:

- Landstalkers runs w/ text (YES!! :))
- Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention sound works again (didn't in v3.0)
- Super Baseball 2020's text/menus still don't show up on the bottom 2/3 of the screen.

I've never played Landstalker, but I very much look forward to doing so now. Thanks, Reesy! :)

Reesy posted on Sep 11 2005 at 07:49 PM said:
I wouldn't worry about compatibilty lists for non-public releases.

Okey Doke, I have removed beta versions from the list :)

Superrx78 posted on Sep 12 2005 at 10:22 PM said:
Landstalker :) :)
I can't wait to play this game :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Would also love to play Landstalker once again :)
Especialy after the PSP-Version has been just announced.

Reesy, is there a new public release around the corner? Just curious :)

Thanks anyway for this brilliant emu

mr.white

Jarska333 posted on Sep 21 2005 at 06:04 PM said:
No, DrPSP for GP32. :)

I was just about to ask when the hell is the PSP emu coming out for the GP32? :lol:

DrMD is a magnificent piece of software. Thank you Reesy!

0-bake posted on Sep 21 2005 at 09:30 PM said:
a PSP version of DrMD is/was announced? really?

No, a PSP version of Landstalker was announced at TGS. It is a new game and it looks to be based on the isometric perspective but in 3D. The demo was basically a camera floating around with no characters etc. Probably a ways off, like sometime next year. Looks cool though, may be a reason to pull out my PSP again.

Wow that exchange really confused me, for a second I couldnt tell if that was sarcasm or not... because I mean seriously Landstalker for PSP, that's pretty damn random.

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Aug 27 2005 at 05:26 AM said:
Now working:
- Ecco/Ecco 2 (they booted before but the dolphins don't act retarded anymore, so its playable)

About time! :eek: How's the rest of the games? They're 2 of my absolute favorites (as you know...)

Back