Drmd Version 4.0

noooOOOO

[Sonic 3D Blast] doesn't work anymore either :(
Sonic can't jump but he it still makes the jumping sound :)

anyway it seems to run some games faster than in version 3
and with the upcoming 4.1 it will be even better than 3!!

( ..still dreaming of opensnes with new soundcore though :( )

THANKS!

Learn coding and shut the fuck up? Thanks for doing the same, I don't know how you find time to post with all those coding projects you yourself have been working on. Come to think about it, you wouldn't be on this topic because you want optimum emulation too, would you? You must've just come to post your own better version and got sidetracked when you saw my sacreligious post. This guy's telling people off 2 weeks after joining and being applauded for it? Man, I guess I've had the wrong attitude this whole time.

But on the other hand, you're right- how dare I ever so rudely mention opensnes. I'm certainly the first to do it, let alone in such a vile and unapologetic way. How dare I mention the popularly requested emu which, last I checked, needs an update a lot more than Drmd. I love Reesy's work as much as anybody, and have thanked him for his efforts several times. My post wasn't meant to piss on this new drmd update, since updates are never a bad thing. I suppose my full post should have been more PC and to the point and read "Great work Reesy. But you've already made this emu so kickass, is there any way you'd return to opensnes one last time? In fact, if not, does anyone else wanna touch it?".

Jesus Christ. I have no problem with Drmd or Reesy, and I think I've been pretty consistent in my praise and amazement for the wonderful effectiveness of both. I didn't know that was all I was allowed to do though, and apologize for my tame prodding.

I suppose this isn't the space to speak my mind about emu development anyway though, after all it's only the GP32 board.

I'll admit I respond a lot better to objective posts like the one you just made, Iorgy. I can respect that. When people tell me to shut the fuck up on the basis that they simply don't like the words I chose to use, and don't even make an effort to spell out the damn words, it strikes me as so ignorant I can't help but lawyer out a bit.

If no offense was made, then good, because I hadn't even intended any.

But I was the rude one yet you're on board for telling someone to shut the fuck up? Man, I don't even know what I said that was so rude. I'm just hoping someone sticks with opensnes, that's all. I think most of us do, but jeez, you'd think it was a sacred phrase or something.

Well anyway, let me reiterate to anyone else who thinks I'm starting an anti-Reesy / anti-Drmd club here: I like the guy, respect his work, and acknowledge that I could do no better. Again, I meant no offense.

That having been said, let's not attack me due to mistaking joking brevity with ignorant demands, yeah?

The issue of politeness is simply the same as in the analogy that might be drawn of asking a parent "are we there yet?" in a car, before asking again approximately 3 seconds later, when they've just said "We won't be there for another 4 hours!".

Reesy stated in the OS9x thread that he was not, after all, going to integrate the sound core he'd intended to. It was said to be a lot harder than first thought, and considering he's probably (as are all the coders here) coding for fun, and (presumably) implementing it would take a lot more effort than is present in a hobby, he decided not to. Basically, we ought to respect that decision and not try and bug him into continuing since he's stated pretty categorically that its not where his interests lie.

That's not to say, incidentally, that I wouldn't prefer it were the sound core to be updated, but bugging someone who's said they won't do it to do it isn't the way forward.

Which is why caddy77 and iorgy reacted the way they did... like a middle-seat passenger sitting next to the person who's just asked once too often for their tempers and have lashed out - imho a little violently, but I can see why. Hence this post.

Hopefully that makes you feel slightly better and treats all points of view fairly. Or at least, fairly enough.

big up !!!

i've wanted to play samurai showdown for a while!!! with no sound it plays silky smooth, maybe the best fighter on the gp32???

wow, and contra hard corps!! landstalker!!

broken:
- beyond oasis (i always liked this one better than landstalker)
- streets of rage 3

glitchy:
- leander (playable, weird gfx mess @ the bottom of the screen)
- panorama cotton (plays but with verrry glitched gfx)

damn, genesis was a great console (but i like devil's crash better on pc engine)! B)

mrdark posted on Oct 23 2005 at 02:06 PM said:
But on the other hand, you're right- how dare I ever so rudely mention opensnes. I'm certainly the first to do it, let alone in such a vile and unapologetic way. How dare I mention the popularly requested emu which, last I checked, needs an update a lot more than Drmd. I love Reesy's work as much as anybody, and have thanked him for his efforts several times.

I am sure you read why he wasn't going to do anymore work on it. Badgering him to do something he doesn't want to do will get you no where. He worked real hard to improve DrMD. He made this thread to give us the FREE emulator and you make a post that is like a slap in the face and was like saying "fuck MD, I WANT SNES!!". Hence the flames.

You should be happy with what you get. I am sure Reesy KNOWS everyone likes SNES. He is not stupid and can read these boards. He just isn't interested in doing it anymore for what ever reason, and the reason is irrelevant. Begging for something just pisses developers off. Why piss off the guys that make the scene what it is? Just be happy with what you get.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Oct 23 2005 at 01:27 PM said:
But on the other hand, you're right- how dare I ever so rudely mention opensnes. I'm certainly the first to do it, let alone in such a vile and unapologetic way. How dare I mention the popularly requested emu which, last I checked, needs an update a lot more than Drmd. I love Reesy's work as much as anybody, and have thanked him for his efforts several times.

I am sure you read why he wasn't going to do anymore work on it. Badgering him to do something he doesn't want to do will get you no where. He worked real hard to improve DrMD. He made this thread to give us the FREE emulator and you make a post that is like a slap in the face and was like saying "fuck MD, I WANT SNES!!". Hence the flames.

You should be happy with what you get. I am sure Reesy KNOWS everyone likes SNES. He is not stupid and can read these boards. He just isn't interested in doing it anymore for what ever reason, and the reason is irrelevant. Begging for something just pisses developers off. Why piss off the guys that make the scene what it is? Just be happy with what you get.

agreed

DaveC posted on Oct 23 2005 at 01:27 PM said:

That is probably the most intelligent thing I've heard you say yet.
Agreed.

Awesome work, Reesy! I can't wait to play Contra: Hard Corps again! Thanx! ;)

I would hate to say this on this thread, but Mr.Dark if you really are just looking for SNES emulation on a handheld the psp as of right now is the best.

Allot of games for me on no frameskip at all like Mario All Stars, Zelda, and Chrono Trigger run smooth but some do need alil boost here and there, but auto frameskip usually takes care of that -_^.

Its really near perfect IMHO.

Oh and that screen is just beautiful. I dont care what anybody says SNES loooks great and plays great for the most part on a psp.

Gp32 is still a great piece of hardware and has a variety of emu's but it will never do SNES better than what its like now.

Jaw posted on Oct 23 2005 at 09:36 PM said:
snes sucks anyway, megadrive is where the arcade ports are at ;)
I like them both, but if I could only have one I would probably choose SNES. I love the RPG's on it.

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 23 2005 at 06:07 PM said:
Jaw posted on Oct 23 2005 at 09:36 PM said:
snes sucks anyway, megadrive is where the arcade ports are at ;)
I like them both, but if I could only have one I would probably choose SNES. I love the RPG's on it.
yeah snes had some outstanding rpgs. Chrono trigger alone is one of the greatest of all time

Thanks for some of you backing me up that some of us would still prefer an update to opensnes. But as I've said SEVERAL times before, I appreciate any work on any emu, since it makes things better for all of us.

However I'm tired of the attitude that I should just be happy with what I get. When did I say I was unhappy? Surely other people here would like a better version of XX program. Everyone here has the apparent belief that I just feel like nagging Reesy about the subject. Did any of you even notice that I used the term "anyone"? I'm not going to apologize for semantics and say that I SHOULD'VE said "Hey, since the poster just before me also said it was a shame that opensnes isn't as good as it can be, there's always still interest. Please don't abandon it entirely Reesy- and hey, is anyone else good at coding who could take a look at it?"

There, if I said it that way, would people still be so pissy about it? I mean man, I suppose that mentioning opensnes in a way that seems wishful or suggestive is now taboo. It should be a banned topic then, since everyone's feathers get so ruffled about it.

I don't see why I'm being singled out. Is it because I didn't say thanks or praise drmd ENOUGH? Seriously people, I don't know how many times I can do so. I don't then immediately expect ANYONE to go work on Opensnes now. And if any of you were keeping up on my posts, you'd see that several times lately I praised opensnes for being better than I even thought it would be and quite happy with it. However it can always be better, and I'm assuming you're all here on the drmd update page because you're happy that IT got better.

I can understand why some of you thought I was being a "kid on a trip", that was a fair analogy. That's not what I meant though. I know Reesy isn't stupid (obviously) but I thought I'd pop up to join the ranks who mention how nice Opensnes would be with a new sound core. It's my right to do so, and if I'm gonna be blasted because I was too "curt" or "direct" about it, then I'm amused at the hypocrisy of some of the other stuff I see either applauded or laughed at on these boards, as mentioned in this very topic earlier.

So let's wrap it up one more time:

I enjoy this community. For the most part the people here have been courteous and helpful. I acknowledge Reesy, as well as any and all programmers here, for their efforts. If I had the time, let alone the tools, I would pursue such things as well and see how difficult it surely is.

I also meant no offense. What I said was a quick statement that seems to have bothered people because either (1) I didn't phrase it more politely (in which case I'm sorry) or (2) I shouldn't have brought up the subject at all, in which case saying the damn word "opensnes" should be a litigatable offense if it's going to bother people so much. I suppose this wouldn't be taken so seriously in the opensnes board, where it wouldn't have looked so out of right field and ungrateful, which again I apologize for. But if people are gonna suppport someone who tells me to "STFU" on the basis that my own post wasn't polite, then that's too hypocritical for me to feel like defending.

Lastly, I reiterate- I'm happy with the Gp32, as well as the stuff I can get working on it. I have not once bitched that if I couldn't get something to work, it's because it sucked or was programmer error. I think I'm smart enough to understand the processes involved here, and only had the intent to mention opensnes, as have many others, in a random forum where I'd hoped it would catch the attention of someone wanting to devote the time to picking it up again, be that Reesy OR, AS STATED, anyone. Yes, Reesy isn't dumb, we all know that a better opensnes would be great. Well, then if me mentioning it is so offense because of its inherent redundancy, then I again say that we either need to ban the term or start regulating the way it's used for courtesy, which is fucking ridiculous.

I'll end as I have all along- My intent was a bit misconstrued, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I realize now that I need to phrase things better, lest it come off as demanding which wasn't my intent. Sorry, okay? Didn't mean to sound ungrateful. Just thought, like I'm sure several others do, that drmd is GREAT, so I was wondering if anyone involved in making it so would use that wizardy on opensnes.

That's all, sorry I mentioned it. I don't think people here should be flamed and start a war because of the way they phrased something that's been said a lot harsher from a lot less grateful sounding people, but that's how my post was taken. I can't change the way my post sounded, but I at least apologize that it wasn't taken the joking and non-aggressive or rude way it was meant, okay?

Back