drop box like service for pandora

trabitboy

Still Fresh
I work on a project where we share assets and builds via dropbox,

I was wondering if there was sort of an "open" way to do this on the pandora ?

( to work on the port of our project for instance )

nautilus can function as a dropbox client...I think - maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see drop box was provided in source form for linux, I'll also give it a try,

thanks for your answer :)

I think Cloudef once had an interface for dropbox, but I can't remember details.

Ubuntu One is just a bunch of python scripts as far as I remember, although I still haven't tried it yet.

Nokia N900 has a nice python based DropBox client DropN900. It works quite nicely on that phone. If somebody is able to port this to Pandora we would get the access to most popular cloud drive solution! I have zero python skills but what I saw in DropN900 code it relates a lot to N900 specific services etc. but I can imagine that some coding gurus might easily bend it to Pandora's environment.

I think Cloudef once had an interface for dropbox, but I can't remember details.
https://github.com/Cloudef/dropbox-crap

It's a hacky bash daemon though, but it "works" apart from some filename encodings since dropbox API was crap at the time, unless they fixed it..

Unless dropbox has changed something while I last time tested it.

I stopped working on it when someone said that he is doing prober client here, never heard of that again.

Anyways, the dropbox itself is closed source crap, but you can write client using the API (the api keys have some restrictions unless you pay)

There are lots of open source clones though, heck you could even use git and some git hosting which are much better.

Back