Duke Nukem

Exo posted on Aug 12 2004 at 10:32 PM said:
Dave Gnukem is more or less a opensource remake to the original Duke 2d game as for duke3d its been ported to the gba(commercial) in places you can see the framedrop but most the game is quite fast

(Dave Gnukem page for anyone interested)
http://www.scorpioncity.com/djgame.html
It's not actually duke 3d on the Gba its a completely different game, it may use the same engine im not sure, i presume it would but its not actually duke 3d.

Last edited by a moderator:
well on the gba its "Duke Nukem advance" but I think its still using the Build engine as it looks and feels same as original duke but different levels

(not imposible that its a different engine in disguise)

Well, if Duke Nukem for the Game Boy Color sucks, and Duke Nukem Advance isn't playable on Gp32 yet, there is a Duke Nukem game for the Genesis as well. It's first person with a Wolfenstein 3d-quality graphics engine, the same engine that was used for Zero Tolerance and Blood Shot. And it plays perfectly on the 2 GP32 Genesis emulators.

Duke on GBC is fun. It would be great if someone ported and enhanced the graphics of Dave Gnukem because it has an editor and people could make their own unique levels and good artists could make new tilesets for people.

I hope so. Dave Gnukem has its own sourceforge page now and is getting its own graphics because whoever is working on it made a new player sprite that looks better and different yet retains the same graphics style. I hope it gets worked on alot and gets ported!

I was bored tonight so I started downloading some old FPS'ers, there quite a few nice ones :) It'd be awesome if something like Shadow Warrior, Blood, or Duke Nukem 3D was ported (I have no idea tho if the source code for Shadow Warrior or Blood was ever released).

The Duke Nukem doom WAD is actually very good, to bad it's only one level :(

Anyways, anyone know if anyone is currently attempting a port of any of the older FPS'ers?

Back