Dying LCD ribbon.

Eniko

Raving Python fangirl
Website
purplepirates.darksiren.net
Just posting that another in the first 700 is suffering this problem. Pretty bad since I use my Pandora to study on the train.

Curious how long Pandoras that display this problem last on average before going completely dead. I'd like it to last til my week long break.

Mine's been purple tinted and flickery for about a month now, I think.

Same issues as the DS's pretty much with the ribbon. Hopefully Pandora's ribbon is NOT embedded on the LCD and can be replaced. The original DS Phat allowed the ribbon between the top and bottom to be replaced and was extremely easy to work on compared to the DS Lite/DSi...

A few has the issue...Most likely more and more will be affected here shortly.

Just posting that another in the first 700 is suffering this problem. Pretty bad since I use my Pandora to study on the train.

Curious how long Pandoras that display this problem last on average before going completely dead. I'd like it to last til my week long break.

I left my Pandora open all times, and it is lasting more than 2 months, with no sings of it getting worst.

But of course it isn't very nice walking on the street with an open Pandora on the hand.

I left my Pandora open all times, and it is lasting more than 2 months, with no sings of it getting worst.

But of course it isn't very nice walking on the street with an open Pandora on the hand.

an open open pandora you mean?

The issue is caused by an early build error, it is much more rare than you might think too, I've only replaced around 35 cables. It is far more rare on units after the first 400 due to us using a tool to place the LCD cable, but there is the odd unit on which it does still happen, often this is actually due to damage to one of the cable ends rather than the cable itself.

This next 1000 units should be the best quality so far, I'm very curious to see how many units fail on this batch as we seem to have everything almost perfected (we know it will never be 100% pass rates).

Smart peoples. I sent mine back on Aug 12 and I'm still waiting for a replacement. 2 months without my panda, argh!

This next 1000 units should be the best quality so far, I'm very curious to see how many units fail on this batch as we seem to have everything almost perfected (we know it will never be 100% pass rates).

Of course they will be. That's like saying this latest nub revision (any updates, on that, BTW?) is the "best so far", when the first few attempts were riddled with issues. It's also like saying this next 1000 will take much less time than the first 1000 - well I'd hope so, because the first set took nearly two years! Longer, if you're counting the end of the first thousand. Speaking of which, do we have any more info on a count, yet? Passed the 1k mark?

Smart peoples. I sent mine back on Aug 12 and I'm still waiting for a replacement. 2 months without my panda, argh!
Are you waiting for LCD only, or LCD & Nub combo?

Peace & Pandora,

Link

PS Mine has been there since Sep 30th and no word back regarding shipping or an ETA. I paid extra for UPS 2Day on the return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's in for nubs, case, d-pad, gaming buttons (LCD was fine). I'm not sure how it got past QC, but hopefully second time lucky :)

Are you waiting for LCD only, or LCD & Nub combo?
This one is a single nub, so I was hoping to hold onto it until such a time as replacement nubs can be purchased. I pay to have the nub replaced, and ask for the LCD cable swap at the same time. Assuming that ever does become available, though I'd understand if they decided not to offer such a service.

Back