Earthquake In South America

neko

I haz 300 posts
Craig posted this in the Wiz forum:

craigix said:
The TV out cable shortage is actually caused by an earth quake in south America. It's a long story.
I'm wondering what the story behind that was...

Last edited by a moderator:
I tought there was an diverent issue: the min order for OP is 10.000 but only 400 Customers has ordered tv cables from OP, and it would be too expensive 10000 cables to buy when OP needs only 400 for the Customers..

matzesu said:
I tought there was an diverent issue: the min order for OP is 10.000 but only 400 Customers has ordered tv cables from OP, and it would be too expensive 10000 cables to buy when OP needs only 400 for the Customers..

They will make any number (well, within reason, like 1000+). The problem is the parts come from Chilie and an earthquake wrecked the supply line.

:wacko:
sry craig but the pandora looks like a troublemagnet ^^ i should send you a bottle of good vodka after i get my pandora ;)

WHAT? Financial crisis, chinese assholes, volcanos AND earthquakes??????

After all this, what could poss-

*meteor impact*

No-one and I mean NO-ONE even think about what natural disasters there are left to affect the Pandora project.

Edit: :ph34r: Ahhhr!! That's Wolfsclaw! You've just taken out the Chinese Factory (and the moulds) with a direct hit from a .5 tonne meteorite.

oh in that case, sorry. this just appeared to unreal. but i should be used to that by now ofcourse ;)

So close!!

Edit: Starting to think this will be ready in 2012 (conspiracies anyone??)

?

I thought the cables were produced already.
ED already mentioned a chile earthquake on Cebit in beginning of February this year being the reason for copper not being available for TV out cables.
- I was sure that we got some info after that, that all cables are waiting in a warehouse in some other country.

may88 said:
No-one and I mean NO-ONE even think about what natural disasters there are left to affect the Pandora project.
You don't know about the big oil spill that just went into Texas and shut down the OMAP factory? It got into the water there and started a big fire. No more TI chips until next spring ;)

DaveC said:
may88 said:
You don't know about the big oil spill that just went into Texas and shut down the OMAP factory? It got into the water there and started a big fire. No more TI chips until next spring ;)

or the all missing yetti nipples used to wrap the nubs on the pandora? thats why they havent completed 4k boards.
why do you think there was an earthquake there?

Alerino said:
Pandora is making God and the Devil very angry
We have to offer a sacrifice.
Any volunteers?

beltane_ritual_b.jpg

craigix said:
matzesu said:

They will make any number (well, within reason, like 1000+). The problem is the parts come from Chilie and an earthquake wrecked the supply line.
Suuuuure.
Last time, the Cables came from China AND last time they were already in a Warehouse just waiting to get shipped to England.
uglyhammer2.gif

So no TV cables in the near Future?
ugly_klatsch.gif

DaveC said:
may88 said:
I heard that they tried to stuff golf balls down there to stop the flow. Didn't realise that the TV-out cables were used as well.

Sorry Craig, I'm not available to help build Pandoras - I'm off the Texas to help scrub the oil off the OMAPs in the Chip Rehabilitation Center.

For some reason I have a hunch that the night after I receive my Pandora, a UFO will land behind my house and little green men will steal it (the Pandora, not the house).

Oh, also i heard hundreds died and tens of thousands are homeless now...
How inconvenient for the ~200 Pandora owners who now cannot connect their handhelds to their TVs.

Back