Earthquake In South America

may88 said:
No-one and I mean NO-ONE even think about what natural disasters there are left to affect the Pandora project.
1.jpg

aww dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
craigix said:
matzesu said:
I tought there was an diverent issue: the min order for OP is 10.000 but only 400 Customers has ordered tv cables from OP, and it would be too expensive 10000 cables to buy when OP needs only 400 for the Customers..

They will make any number (well, within reason, like 1000+). The problem is the parts come from Chilie and an earthquake wrecked the supply line.
Suuuuure.
Last time, the Cables came from China AND last time they were already in a Warehouse just waiting to get shipped to England.
uglyhammer2.gif

So no TV cables in the near Future?
ugly_klatsch.gif

Yeah, the workers in the factory being killed is hilarious.

But I don't doubt they will be able to supply the parts again soon, then, no doubt, you will find something else to bitch about.

fusion_power said:
Suuuuure.
Last time, the Cables came from China AND last time they were already in a Warehouse just waiting to get shipped to England.
uglyhammer2.gif

ugly_klatsch.gif

You're a jackass. Just thought you should know.

craigix said:
fusion_power said:
craigix said:
matzesu said:
I tought there was an diverent issue: the min order for OP is 10.000 but only 400 Customers has ordered tv cables from OP, and it would be too expensive 10000 cables to buy when OP needs only 400 for the Customers..

They will make any number (well, within reason, like 1000+). The problem is the parts come from Chilie and an earthquake wrecked the supply line.
Suuuuure.
uglyhammer2.gif

ugly_klatsch.gif

Yeah, the workers in the factory being killed is hilarious.

But I don't doubt they will be able to supply the parts again soon, then, no doubt, you will find something else to bitch about.

The Earthquake in Chile was horrendous... I should know, I have relatives and also my girlfriend lives very near to where the epicentre was. They are STILL getting aftershocks and tremors. Luckily everyone that I care about is ok so personally and selfishly I am relieved. But yeah don't belittle natural disasters... if Craigix says that's the cause of a delay on TV cables then I believe it. The Chilean quake was a bastard.

It's when we start experiencing delays because of super natural deserters that we'll be truly fucked.

@Craig Was this the earthquake in question? Feels weird that I barely heard anything about it past the first day.
(edit: not that I'm saying there's anything fishy about that.)

Alpha2 said:
It's when we start experiencing delays because of super natural deserters that we'll be truly fucked.

@Craig Was this the earthquake in question? Feels weird that I barely heard anything about it past the first day.
Probably because Chile, unlike Haiti, was relatively unscathed by the quake and didn't need anywhere near as much foreign aid. Meanwhile Haiti was (and is) still trying to assess the damage and excavate bodies.

Sitwon said:
Alpha2 said:

Probably because Chile, unlike Haiti, was relatively unscathed by the quake and didn't need anywhere near as much foreign aid. Meanwhile Haiti was (and is) still trying to assess the damage and excavate bodies.

Also, because in this part of the world, nobody (and certainly nobody in the media) cares about poor brown people on the other side of the globe. It makes nice front page news when there are nice juice pictures of dead bodies in the streets and crying children - sure brings the circulation numbers up - But, you know, the day after that, Brad Pitt farted in public so the earthquake is pushed out by more interesting news...

Cynical? Me?

craigix said:
matzesu said:

I'll remove all editorial to try and avoid the usual accusations of bias and negativity, except to say that I don't fully understand what the true situation with the TV-Cables is.

Monk said:
It boggles the mind that they've taken money for cases and TV cables and (so on and so forth) and spent time filming odd arthouse videos and making 30-day games in 90+ days, but haven't had the time to actually decide what case and power supply we'll get for our money? Huh? They have more important things to do than decide what we've bought?

craigix said:

The TV cables are made, they are in a warehouse in China. Michael might actually have one of them, I'm not sure. It's not at the top of the list.

The power supply is just not an issue, there are numerous to choose from and companies keep tens of thousands of them in stock. We just need to choose one. The thread is there to suggest ones you may like for whatever feature.

The case is very similar to the GP2X case, with a Pandora logo.

<EvilDragon>Yeah, we need to discuss a bit more with the company. They want to produce 10.000 at once, which is crazy expensive. We were busy with so many other things before so we couldn't talk to them about that.

Monk said:
No offense meant to anybody, absent or present, affected by the humanitarian issues worldwide of late. It's starting to remind me of The End Of Days in a very not-comical kind of way :(

Indeed. Lately, the world is an (even more) sucky place... :(

Moxie said:
Also, because in this part of the world, nobody (and certainly nobody in the media) cares about poor brown people on the other side of the globe. It makes nice front page news when there are nice juice pictures of dead bodies in the streets and crying children - sure brings the circulation numbers up - But, you know, the day after that, Brad Pitt farted in public so the earthquake is pushed out by more interesting news...

Cynical? Me?

I would say the thing about media coverage is true to an extent, but at least over here, people didn't really forget about it. Large numbers of people were affected by it, so it's hard to forget. If anything, I'd stick with the statement earlier about how Haiti was in much more dire straits.

It is also closer to you (both of them). Here in Europe, it really is on the other side of the globe.

Moxie said:
It is also closer to you (both of them). Here in Europe, it really is on the other side of the globe.

I suppose that's true. If not for simply geographical reasons, it's because the US and Canada probably have more immigrants from Central and South America. I think I remember the reason I found out about the earthquake in Chile was because I heard someone talking about how his girlfriend's dad died in the Earthquake. So, yeah, lots of people are affected.

Alpha2 said:
It's when we start experiencing delays because of super natural deserters that we'll be truly f**ked.

Some of the preorder cancellations were from..... GHOSTS?!

:D

Asmo said:
Alpha2 said:
It's when we start experiencing delays because of super natural deserters that we'll be truly f**ked.

more precisely, ghosts that were in some army and ran away from some war.

why they'd be against a bunch of geeks getting their pandoras is beyond me :D

Moxie said:
Monk said:
No offense meant to anybody, absent or present, affected by the humanitarian issues worldwide of late. It's starting to remind me of The End Of Days in a very not-comical kind of way :(

Indeed. Lately, the world is an (even more) sucky place... :(
Nah, it has always been. Now you just learn more of what happens around the globe, internets ftw.

Stephane Hockenhull said:
Asmo said:
Alpha2 said:

more precisely, ghosts that were in some army and ran away from some war.

why they'd be against a bunch of geeks getting their pandoras is beyond me :D

(blame that on Firefox's spell check, I was certain I hit the selection for "disasters". *facepalm*)

Back