East Coast Pandora Get-Together

What Cities would be good for East Coast Meetup?

• Total voters

You won't find me south of Maryland or West "bygawd" Virginia.  I consider that the South, not East Coast. 
I just generally considered any state that borders the Atlantic Ocean to be on the East Coast.

Don't worry... most folks down here consider everything above VA to be "The North".

Can you use your mod powers to let me change my vote?
Actually I can't play with the votes, but you can delete your vote and just do it over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start yer own thread about the West Coast, LOL!!

Seriously, this is East Coast stuff. I think you SHOULD start one for the West Coast.
I think the nearest Pandora related person to me is in Olympia Washington , but they were one of those angry preorder persons so I don't think that would be worth the time to create a meeting . There is also someone in Alaska I think .

Boston...even not in the winter...is HORRIBLE to drive in!!  I circled Fenway Park for over an hour, seeing the stadium, and being unable to actually GET there!

Snow is a four-letter word to me, so it has to be when there is no snow or forget it.
As a MA native, let me be the first to tell you that trying to drive in Boston is doing it wrong.

The only way to get around easily is to park at an outlying T station and take public transportation. It's pretty cheap, and goes almost everywhere.

@ Link: Well, if it touches the Atlantic, it's still East Coast...even if it is also SOUTH.

Hey, I consider anything north of Virginia the NORTH...not the East Coast.  Doesn't mean New Jersey isn't an East Coast state.

Would you prefer this broken down as a "Northeast Get-together" a "Mid-Atlantic Get Together" and a "Southeast Get-Together?"

If so, the ideal cities would probably be Boston, DC, and Atlanta.

Can you use your mod powers to let me change my vote?
No need for Mod Powers.

Click the Delete My Vote button, then re-vote.

You won't find me south of Maryland or West "bygawd" Virginia.  I consider that the South, not East Coast. 
I just generally considered any state that borders the Atlantic Ocean to be on the East Coast.

Don't worry... most folks down here consider everything above VA to be "The North".
Lol, I didn't even READ your response, or see it...before I responded to Link!!

Yeah, I may for now live in PA but at heart, I'm a southerner, and I, too, consider anything north of VA "The North."

Boston...even not in the winter...is HORRIBLE to drive in!!  I circled Fenway Park for over an hour, seeing the stadium, and being unable to actually GET there!

Snow is a four-letter word to me, so it has to be when there is no snow or forget it.
As a MA native, let me be the first to tell you that trying to drive in Boston is doing it wrong.

The only way to get around easily is to park at an outlying T station and take public transportation. It's pretty cheap, and goes almost everywhere.
The only reason I EVER get on a bus (public transportation) is if my car is broken down.

I had to do it for a month when I lived in Austin, I put my bike on the bus, and rode my bike to work from the nearest stop, about 1 mile away.

Train?  NOW yer talking!  But a bus?  I'll be DEAD before I CHOOSE a bus...the only way I get on one of those, as I said, is if my car is broken.

At least a train avoids the traffic jams.  A bus is subject to them...and you're subject to standing next to the guy who hasn't showered in a year!

The only reason I EVER get on a bus (public transportation) is if my car is broken down.

I had to do it for a month when I lived in Austin, I put my bike on the bus, and rode my bike to work from the nearest stop, about 1 mile away.

Train?  NOW yer talking!  But a bus?  I'll be DEAD before I CHOOSE a bus...the only way I get on one of those, as I said, is if my car is broken.

At least a train avoids the traffic jams.  A bus is subject to them...and you're subject to standing next to the guy who hasn't showered in a year!
I'm talking about the subway. It goes all over the place.

If you're into it, you can also rent a bike from stands in various places.

Now THAT could work.  Train and rent a bike.  But I'll be damned if I'll be crammed on a bus!

I dunno anything about mass transit in Boston, really, but I know in DC there's no other way to go!  They have a first-rate train system will get you anywhere you want to go...and it's clean and comfortable.

For all their reputation, NYC subways are not near as bad as they once were.  But they could still use help.  When they get to be like DC's subways, now you're talking!

Back