Eclipse Dev Env For Win/gp2x Compiles

telecoda

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just started getting into GP2X development.

New toy for Xmas.

I work on the Windoze platform so initially tried out the standard dev kit but couldn't get on with it as the debugger seems a bit flaky.

I normally you Visual Studio or Eclipse during the day at work so decided I would prefer to use one of these as a dev environment for GP2X stuff.

Followed the Wiki for Visual Studio but was not happy with the results. Seemed to be statically linking the libraries and creating huge .gpe files.

So found this blog for getting Eclipse working.

Lord Krispy's blog

Followed his steps based upon a butchered piece of GuyFawkes SDLTest demo code and got it working.

Then created a new build target for GP2X too.

So now I can compile for Window/GP2X from the same project in Eclipse.

I'd be happy to make this sample "HelloWorld" project available to the community here if anyone is interested.

A few painful evening for myself may be avoided for others... ;)

If you use the official devkit from GPH, i think you can get away with dynamic linking, but I think all of the community devkits do static linking so that we don't have library hell on a portable console :)

You're using eclipse for C, right? I didn't even know you could do that (devkitgp2x & devc++ here, not capable of much else) :p

If you use the official devkit from GPH, i think you can get away with dynamic linking, but I think all of the community devkits do static linking so that we don't have library hell on a portable console :)

You're using eclipse for C, right? I didn't even know you could do that (devkitgp2x & devc++ here, not capable of much else) :p

Yup I installed the standard Dev kit then using Eclipse over the top as an IDE.

Running on Eclipse 3.2 with the CDT plugin for C/C++.

Using G++ to compile to windows and the G++ that comes with the Dev kit to compile for arm-linux.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry just realised perhaps this should be in the development forum. Could one of the mods please move this thread?

I think I may have driven EvilDragon crazy emailing him this .zip file several times tonight to get it added to the GP2X archive.

Lack of inadequate testing on my part.

I didn't realise that Eclipse destroyed the target folder on builds so I was losing all my included resources (a single arial font).

Done some jiggery pokery to now allow resources to be added to the /data folder off the projects root and they are now copied to a /data folder in each target folder.

download from the archive

:rolleyes:

Back