Edit Gpe Files In Windows?

all74

Still Fresh
Hi there

I'd like to run mods in 2xquake, but the readme says that I have to edit the gpe file. I've searched around and found a gpe editor for linux, but how do I edit gpe files in windows? Help! :blink:

Thanks

Aaron

decent text Editor != Wordpad or Windows Editor

you need a text Editor that supports unix like endings

Notepad++ or something similar

I thought that GPE files were the binary files that were compiled from source? I opened a few GPE's and they are definitely binary code. Can you rename scripts as gpe to run them on the gp2x?

linoleum13 said:
I thought that GPE files were the binary files that were compiled from source? I opened a few GPE's and they are definitely binary code. Can you rename scripts as gpe to run them on the gp2x?
Yes, stick a .gpe on the end of a bash script and it's executable. That's how I like to wrap the commands to re-launch the menu after my program has finished, rather than putting it into the acutal program source.

Last edited by a moderator:
charlieb said:
linoleum13 said:
Yes, stick a .gpe on the end of a bash script and it's executable. That's how I like to wrap the commands to re-launch the menu after my program has finished, rather than putting it into the acutal program source.

Thanks. You learn something new everyday...even if it was something I should have already known.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back