Eee Pc 900 - Is Greater Then - The Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread serves no good, useful or informative purpose. It's pure trolling.

Squidge, please lock this or even delete it IMO.

quasist said:
Eee PC have:
big base of PC games...
Um - you do realize that the Eee PC is not built for gaming. It has no 3D accelerator, shared integrated graphics, no GPU, a sub Ghz CPU, and a half a gig of RAM. Once you put Windows XP on there - it does not have a lot of power left for gaming. Try it out. Find an old 900 Mhz Pentium 3 box with no graphics card - put XP on it, and then try to play Quake 3. Good luck with that.

With XP, sure the software is there. I mean, heck, you could add Half-Life 2, Halo 2, and Crysis to that list if you want. But the hardware won't run it.

great base of USB device support

And what makes you think the Pandora won't?

Pandora have:
nothing, it just played some video and showed some pictures (that is possible that all videos is a fake)
no gui was demonstraded - that means no stable visual shell yet

Well, you got me there. A product that has not even been released to developers yet won't have any software. You are absolutely correct.

Except for the fact that the hardware alone can run any number of operating systems - including Maemo - (which is optimized for devices less powerful than the Pandora - with the same resolution of touchscreen), Ubuntu, (which is being recompiled for the same devices), Android, other varieties of Linux, etc.

Each of which, mind you, already has a ton of games for them, included already made emulators.

That being said, there are a number of people who have already expressed interest in developing for the system, and many of them have a proven track record of being able to deliver software. Some will be done by the team that's building the hardware itself.

bunch of fanboys (mostly "fagboys")

You're personal sexual preference is of no concern to me. I don't see how liking a particular electronics device has anything to do with that.

So pandora will eat dust of market boots, and Craigx will be torn apart by angry crowd

I doubt anyone believes the Pandora will outsell the Asus Eee PC. The Eee has almost a year of marketing, press, and sales under its belt - a large multi-billion dollar corporation to promote and sell it - tons of media attention, and a worldwide distribution network.

But who cares? I'm pretty sure the 3100 that are promised to be made will sell quite well, thankyouverymuch, and there will likely be a few more runs made as well.

Even if there is not, $330 for the hardware alone is worth it.

Can you fit the Eee PC in your pocket? Would you be able to walk if you did?

Does the Eee PC come with game controls? Sure, an external USB controller is possible - but that makes it even less portable, more bulky, heavier, and ugly.

It's almost like you are saying that the DS Lite is stupid because it doesn't have as much power as the Wii. You can't stick the Wii in your pocket, and to use it, you have to have a screen, controllers, a wall outlet.... Is the Wii a great console? ABSOLUTELY. Is it a great *portable* console? No way in hell. Can you carry it? Sure - but it's not a portable game system.

The Eee PC is a fine system. If I had one, I'd put emulators on it, for sure, but just because I could. I have emulators on my Macbook, too. But that doesn't stop me from modding my PSP and my DS Lite to play them too - or putting emulators on my Nokia N800.

Different systems have different uses. You can game on a Eee PC - but you can also write create a presentation on a N800, with charts, graphs, and a printed report - but I wouldn't recommend it. Neither is what the device is designed for. The Pandora is designed to be a portable gaming system, and a inexpensive handheld UMPC. The Eee PC is designed to be an inexpensive subnotebook. Two different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back