eMail sent!

Clarification, 50&500:

I'm guessing that the "500"-figure won't be reduced, because with our luck, the 500-figure is already counting only individual units. (As in, one actual order contains same address multiple times for some reason; meaning there's more than 500 addresses, some of them duplicates)

But even if (for example) 50 less Pandoras were needed, we would still need the "plan", as the drop from 500 to 450 (at this point in time and place) is still relatively small. Granted, if we were at 150, then 50 units less would be quite a thing, indeed. Make no mistake, though, even 50 less is always a positive thing. But I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet, I don't see this as a potential life-saver for our current situation.

Regarding the third matter: I agree, let's not

I hope it doesn't confuse the software that I chose both "I want an original spec" and "I want a GC spec" options. The first one mentioned that the supply is low, so if I can't avoid paying and get the original spec, then I choose not to pay extra and get the 512 MB RAM version.

It sucks that I can't contribute, but I can't even make ends meet right now. :(

I have done the same thing.

EvilDragon,

When I filled out the survey I initially chose the cheapest upgrade option for 1Ghz.

About a week later I replied to the survey again and selected two options, "cc unit"   or wait for "rebirth unit"  - my financial situation has changed and I can't afford to pay any more.

I just want to make sure that there is only one entry for my order number and that I haven't artificially skewed the total units needed by replying to the survey twice.
I have received 7 emails, all to the same email address.

1 x 100 euro upgrade

2 x rebirth

2 x classic

2 x refund

As per the quote above I originally ordered 1 unit.

I replied to the survey with the 100 euro option.

Then I changed it to rebirth / classic (selected two options) due to not being able to afford spending any more money.

So filled out the survey twice and I never chose the refund option.

7! If that's really a number that can be deducted from the 500 this is great news.

I wish I had more emails but I just got the one.

Last edited by a moderator:
7! If that's really a number that can be deducted from the 500 this is great news.

I wish I had more emails but I just got the one.
This is not great news however you look at it... How can ED even know what people have actually wanted from a list like this!?

Messy messy messy...

I'd love to see the Perl code for the page, something this messy must have been caused by something even messier.

The survey didn't have Javascript for an automatic repost on each click, did it?

I think I opened the page two times, though I didn't submit the form more than once (Only ever saw one "found you, updated you"-message... but this makes me wonder what exactly was updated...).

Why was it possible to choose multple options? "I want a refund and I want to upgrade" is not possible. Or I want a ghz pandora for 300 euro and I want to wait. What should ED do in this case? Well it does not matter anymore. I just hope that there are less preorders then 500 on the list. And I am curious may I ask what ED had written in the emial?

This is not great news however you look at it.
I disagree, mistakes in the survey can be corrected, and finding out there could be dozens if not hundreds fewer people in the queue is fantastic news.
OK, agreed. I overreacted and only saw the bad in this (i.e. that the preorder queue is even more broken than we thought).

Of course, if these duplicates significantly cut the queue length, that is good news indeed.

Not good news for me. I've just paid for the upgrade and will be getting the lowest spec model with a second hand board in it instead of the 1Gb model that I was supposed to be upgrading to.
Looks like I got screwed again :-(

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Not good news for me. I've just paid for the upgrade and will be getting the lowest spec model with a second hand board in it instead of the 1Gb model that I was supposed to be upgrading to.

Looks like I got screwed again :-(

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Can't you just mail ED and sort it?

I believe Trip means he went for the 100€ option. Don't feel bad Trip. I'm sure there are still hundreds of people in line. You'll be getting a pandora very soon and I'm sure I'll still be waiting a year or so.

Btw thank you for upgrading. You'll be getting a pandora, and helping the community.

Can't get my voucher code to work for a classic Pandora.  Says "Voucher name invalid" whenever I click the "Add" button.

The email mentions a last checkout page where you select your payment method.  Well, I'm currently on a page with 4 steps, with the 3rd step allowing me to select a payment method.  Is there some other page where I'm supposed to apply this code?

Help?

Can't get my voucher code to work for a classic Pandora.  Says "Voucher name invalid" whenever I click the "Add" button.

The email mentions a last checkout page where you select your payment method.  Well, I'm currently on a page with 4 steps, with the 3rd step allowing me to select a payment method.  Is there some other page where I'm supposed to apply this code?

Help?
Did you try the voucher for EU or non EU?

I might simply have a typo there.

Not good news for me. I've just paid for the upgrade and will be getting the lowest spec model with a second hand board in it instead of the 1Gb model that I was supposed to be upgrading to. Looks like I got screwed again :-( Sent from my GT-I5500 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
? If you wanted the 1GHz one, why didn't you wait a bit more?

With other people upgrading and all the donations coming in, it could very well be you'd get a community-sponsored Pandora when waiting a bit.

BTW: The current CC models are no second hand boards, they're new ones where I fixed the broken stuff from CC.

What a terrible mess.

Anyway..................

I too cant seem to get the vouchers working (from the UK).

When I choose the "ADD TO CART" it says "Combination is out of stock, please choose another"

Edit: Also, having ordered in feb/march 2009, I also paid for the TV out cables too. I'll be getting that - right? Or will I have to reorder those as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

Help?
Did you try the voucher for EU or non EU?

I might simply have a typo there.
EU voucher code works, NONEU doesn't.

Can I just use the EU code, even though I live in the US?  If not, please let us know when the NONEU version can be used.

Thanks again.

Back