Estimate Position

Man they've all got their order history in a big DB table, it would not be hard to dump the Order# and Date column from every order on all the different sites, do a time zone conversion and then order by date, and post up a website where you can enter your order number and get the exact # you are in the list (+- a few that might have cancelled/reordered since the list was made.)

If they haven't done this just because they're too busy, if ED and Craig PM me some CSV's with the order history I'd be happy to put up the site. I'm assuming order #'s aren't confidential information so there shouldn't be any sort of legal reason they couldn't do this.

jumpman said:
Yeah, the fact that orders where taken from like 3 differant sites around the same time, I really don't know how they can sync all that together, and get accurate numbers. I would imagine some have cancelled at low numbers, and some at high positions. That would move some down, but not others.

Not sure I follow, but there does seem to be SOMETHING hinky in the order. For example,

antheus123 said:
2nd october 2008 1900-2000 yeah i can't work it out either :rolleyes:

Rathum said:
Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 4:41 PM
1150 - 1250 as of a week or two ago.

Edit: That's CDT. I live in Chicago and ordered a TV-out cable.

jumpman said:
I would wager that once shipping starts, it will be another nightmare here in the forums!

I expect no less than Hell On Earth as people complain that THEIR Pandora hasn't arrived yet. I may take a few weeks off to avoid the forum once I see signs of shipping real goodness-to-honest "finished" Pandoras.

rabidpoobear said:
Man they've all got their order history in a big DB table, it would not be hard to dump the Order# and Date column from every order on all the different sites, do a time zone conversion and then order by date

Last time I suggested anything remotely like this I was shot down for assumign that OpenPandora have their orders computerised. Seriously. Head bitten off. I hope yours grows back :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rathum's information would be the most accurate while antheus123's may no longer be accurate, depending on when he asked. We got enough people on the other forum to say the exact time they ordered, if we could get all the people who've asked their place to post when they got the confirmation email and time zone, when they asked, and what their order position was then, we could make a more accurate table

Beepo said:
560ish and ordered 2nd or 3rd of October 2008

Seriously how the hell can you be 560ish??? I ordered with the first hours on september 30th 2008 and I was told 700-800. Something is fishy here!

We will need a "things to do while you're waiting for your Pandora because you ordered a few hours/days/weeks/years too late" thread

fischju2000 said:
socket said:
I never bothered to ask my position but I got my confirmation email (from the mail headers) on Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:07:14 +0100 (BST) - Didn't someone set up a thread or some kind of site with estimated positions based on order time once?

Yes, there have been many of these threads and a couple of websites to do it, but they shouldn't be considered accurate to any degree. http://glastronowners.com/pandora/divine.php

I ordered September 30th 2008 at 12:40pm EST and it says I am #1247

It says that I'm #3412.

Going by that, you're somewhere between -915 and -1015. Since you don't have your Pandora yet, there was obviously some overflow. Your queue position is between 2985 and 3085. Obviously >.>

I must admit I thought the queing system was wrong

I ordered within first week, attempted via paypal, then finally managed a bank transfer

I thought I was in first 1000 or so

But its really annoying that some ordered later and got higher up - but there are loads of if's and but's

Be a little fair some paid by credit card and got screwed, others like me tried by paypal and got nowhere, then bank transfers

Its nearly over thank god - put it down to OP being overloaded with orders and issues

Its only a matter of weeks now instead of months

relapse808 said:
Seriously how the hell can you be 560ish??? I ordered with the first hours on september 30th 2008 and I was told 700-800. Something is fishy here!
If you reread every post in this thread you'd know there was something fishy going on, and several of the most likely reasons for that something fishy. :rolleyes:

fischju2000 said:
Rathum's information would be the most accurate while antheus123's may no longer be accurate, depending on when he asked. We got enough people on the other forum to say the exact time they ordered, if we could get all the people who've asked their place to post when they got the confirmation email and time zone, when they asked, and what their order position was then, we could make a more accurate table

My data is about the same age as Rathum's, and I am between them - both in order date and in queue position :)

relapse808 said:

Yup, possibly fishy but also probably HIGHLY irrelevant IMHO. It will take time to label and pack each box, but they won't take each one down to the post office in order. Call it 3 minutes to prepare a Pandora for shipping, per able body, that's a lot of Pandoras in a day at maximum - from, potentially, multiple sites (Craig, ED, does Faith have a store? Anyone else?). In actual fact, where you live relative to your local sorting office will probably have more impact on delivery date/time than 150-450 (or possibly even more) queue places.

Orion4874 said:
Ordered mine last week fully expecting to be 2nd batch but Jacquelyn said I still got in on the 1st batch. I must be like 3999!
a lot of people actually cancelled during the weekend 'cause of the Rev3 problems, so tehre are probably still a couple in the first batch.

Brilliant! I ordered the 30th of September so I am in with a chance of getting mine fairly early. I am so excited. Especially as I came very close to cancelling my order spending the oney on some other shiny thing and just waiting for the second batch.

Time to start setting up favourite rom directories and usch like for the most likely to be working at release emulators :)

Orion4874 said:
Ordered mine last week fully expecting to be 2nd batch but Jacquelyn said I still got in on the 1st batch. I must be like 3999!

Sweet, that means I'm not last!
Paid on Jan 8th.

Douglas McIntosh said:
Time to start setting up favourite rom directories and usch like for the most likely to be working at release emulators :)
Only now? :) Am I the only one who's had this stuff ready for ages? :lol: (I've been adding to it each time I buy new old games.)

Prometheus said:
Douglas McIntosh said:
Only now? :) Am I the only one who's had this stuff ready for ages? :lol: (I've been adding to it each time I buy new old games.)

My external hard drive died like eight months ago. It had all of the stuff I was going to load on my Pandora <_<

Orion4874 said:
I'll assume every week there are a handful of cancellations, and new orders. Given enough time, you might make it to 3500? I would be very interested to know how many cancellations have actually happened, since the preorders began. Maybe after release, and batched 2 is close to release, maybe Craig will release that info.

Chris

Back