Eurovision!

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Who's watching?

Right now Denmark's act is on. He has Jedward's hair and Dermot O'Leary's face.

A highlight for later on is the girl walking through tiny buildings like some sort of Godzilla with breasts.

I never understood the UK's representatives. Is there some rule that prevents us from entering the very best of our shitpop?

No rule against it, but popular people tend to stay away as they fear losing would ruin their reputation, and they have little to gain from entering.

I thought Switzerland and Estonia should be doing better than they are doing (second to last and third to last).

But I was right in thinking Sweden would do well.

Goity said:
Who's watching?
I definitely wasn't.
Being German, I deeply hoped our entry wouldn't make it.
All that fuss about "defending the title" was so cliché.
That girl, well she's just a girl.
That song, well IMHO it isn't one.
(I mean a song, not a girl.)
After having to listen to it lots of times, I still think it sounds like some kind of background noise from a fifties crime movie.

However, congrats to the winner: Azerbaijan.
(whatever that song was about...)

Greets

kasi

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched! The level of cheezyness was certainly higher this year than it has been in recent ones.

kasi said:
Goity said:
Who's watching?
I definitely wasn't.
Being German, I deeply hoped our entry wouldn't make it.
All that fuss about "defending the title" was so cliché.
That girl, well she's just a girl.
That song, well IMHO it isn't one.
(I mean a song, not a girl.)
After having to listen to it lots of times, I still think it sounds like some kind of background noise from a fifties crime movie.

However, congrats to the winner: Azerbaijan.
(whatever that song was about...)

Greets

kasi

Yeah the song from Germany wasn't all that good.

My Highlights were Switzerland, Estonia (Godzilla!) (each in the last two places :S), and Bosnia and Herzegovina (Old Geezer).

I definitely thought Azerbaijan didn't deserve to win (the song was quite boring).

Last edited by a moderator:
I actualy liked our Song (germany) much better than the one last year. I never was a fan of "Sattelite" there were far better songs available in the german pre selection 2010. This year, "Taken By A Stranger" is much more interesting, at least for my taste but everyone has a different taste in music of course.
However, I haven't watched the Contest, had a party yesterday. I watched some bits in re runs today, I still wonder wy Azerbaijan won, the song is not bad but nothing more special or different than many of the other cheesy competitors. :unsure: And Sweden on 3. Place? :lol: This Justin Biber look-alike seriously got more than 1 Point, unbelievable, who votes for this crap???
My personal fav was actualy the girl from austria, she had a great voice but somehow this doesn't gave her enough points. "Paradise Oscar" and his "earth song" was actualy not bad, If fits somehow into this time but I guess this theme is not very popular in other european countries.
However, what I've seen was a good show and our hosts made a good job I guess now everybody in Europe knows Stefan Raab. :D

Back