Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be in for glow in the Dark. But I guess it would only be necessary for one part of the Case. Just enough to find it in the dark.
Maybe the lid?
I'm not sure about the toxicity of strontium and it's compounds.
The security datasheet does not seem to be to bad:
https://www.americanelements.com/printpdf/product/39005/sds

There are non-toxic versions of 'glow in the dark' that glow, but not for as long.

My question above was meant to understand, 'how this works', not to imply that it should be a production 'color' choice. The production colors are already decided.

The original eight prototype pre-pre-orders were supposed to get their choice of color for their prototype. One of my ideas for that was, 'glow in the dark'. I thought it would be neat for the lights to charge up different areas of the case then have them die down slowly giving the unit an 'after glow' when put down. This idea was researched by ED and it turned out to be too expensive to even do on a prototype.

Again, my question above about 'glow in the dark' was a technical curiosity of, "How is this done?" only.

To my understanding, the color choice options for the prototype pre-pre-orders has rather fallen by the wayside in the interest of not slowing down the whole process. I'm OK with a clear case. I'm OK with the granite grey case color used in the testing done above - I'd just like to have the right screws so the lid doesn't get the oops bumps. I don't know how many of these were made or went home with ED...? I'm OK with expansion/heat/mold marks so long as the integrity of the case isn't compromised (it shouldn't be - that shouldn't make a difference). My only real requirements for my prototype case is that it work (shoulders) and not be pink or pastel (I want to be able to take it to work without outright mockery of it as a 'toy').

I'm number 8 (last) in the line for the prototype pre-pre-orders though. Those ahead of me in line may be more demanding of case color and visual quality. I'm not trying to rush it - we'll get them when ED decides they're ready.
[doublepost=1564376694,1564372091][/doublepost]My favorite image of the ones ED posted above:
dscf4109-jpg.32674

Looks awesome.

One of my ideas for that was, 'glow in the dark'. I thought it would be neat for the lights to charge up different areas of the case then have them die down slowly giving the unit an 'after glow' when put down. This idea was researched by ED and it turned out to be too expensive to even do on a prototype.

Did a glow-in-the-dark keymat ever come up in discussions?

Is there anything on the Keyboard that havent discussed ??

whit the look on the Health of the Workers on the new factory, i would sai whe dotnt need Glow in the Dark Pyras,
This RGB Lid thing and the Backlight Keyboard are allready enought Bling Bling for a Device thats for Peaple who dotnt need Bling Bling (some of us ditnt even need a Graphical User Interface..

And why do i have a strong little LED Flashlight on my Belt Loop when my Pyra allready glows ??

Reactions: rSl
The production colors are already decided.
Hmm... that's not how I've interpreted the discussion -- unless I've missed something (which is certainly not impossible!).

[Sorry to quote out of context a part of your post that was tangential to its main points, but this is something worth clarifying I think.]

My understanding is that:

1) Samples of three colour bead mixes (to make Pantone 7600 C (reddish brown), Pantone 740 C (greyish navy blue), and Pantone "Cool Gray" 11 C) have been ordered for evaluation.

2) EvilDragon wants to see if any or all of them are suitable for the final Pyra.

3) He has not yet made a final decision about the colour(s) of the first production run of Pyras.

4) He has not yet definitely decided if more than one colour will be offered for the first production run of Pyras.

I jumped to these four conclusions from the following statements by EvilDragon and azouls:
With ED here we choose some Dark Red Color , Dark Blue and Dark Grey that we had order Samples from Plastika Kritis S.A.
Those are the colors we ordered [...]
These are special mixtures I wanted to try and see how they look like.
If we have different colors for the normal units, you can choose it with the final order.

I have one question arising from this:

Question: When these colours are tested out, will they be tested alone or will they be mixed with sparkles (to help hide the flow marks in the plastic)? Or will sparkly and non-sparkly tests be made?

Last edited:
There has been progress.
There is being progress?

And to signal the final year, the sun will go dark five and a half times.

And then, in the seventh month of the final year, there was a sign in the heavens, a solar eclipse that only will make landfall in remote Pacific Islands, small islands, which from the sky looked like buttons. It signaled the start of the buttoning up of the dress, for Pyra was naked without; and then there was another sign in the heavens, the moon was eclipsed, signaling the completion of dressing up. The Dragon, who is cold blooded, let out a roar of triumph.
Unfortunately, this produced a great fire, and temperatures rose all around him. And the people complained even more.
From the book of the Dragon, chapter 12:9

And then, in the eleventh month of the final year, Mercury, also known as Hermes tried to eclipse the sun, but he was too small. [unreadable chunk] To impress her, he gifted Pyra his wand, called Stylus; for this deed, he received a better one.
From the book of the Dragon, chapter 12:10

side notes:
(Some scholars say that Pyra, remorseful of laughing at Hermes, gave him her lyre. And that Hermes gave that lyre to his brother, for cattle he had stolen, and that the brother, Apollo, gave him the caduceus as a sign of trust - the device, of course, had a tracking device so that Apollo could know where Hermes was, but Hermes wasn't told)
From the book of the Dragon, chapter 12:10

Last edited:
Hmm... that's not how I've interpreted the discussion -- unless I've missed something (which is certainly not impossible!).

[Sorry to quote out of context a part of your post that was tangential to its main points, but this is something worth clarifying I think.]

My understanding is that:

1) Samples of three colour bead mixes (to make Pantone 7600 C (reddish brown), Pantone 740 C (greyish navy blue), and Pantone "Cool Gray" 11 C) have been ordered for evaluation.

2) EvilDragon wants to see if any or all of them are suitable for the final Pyra.

3) He has not yet made a final decision about the colour(s) of the first production run of Pyras.

4) He has not yet definitely decided if more than one colour will be offered for the first production run of Pyras.

I jumped to these four conclusions from the following statements by EvilDragon and azouls:

I have one question arising from this:

Question: When these colours are tested out, will they be tested alone or will they be mixed with sparkles (to help hide the flow marks in the plastic)? Or will sparkly and non-sparkly tests be made?

Sparkles is something tha has to be inside with the color when they create the color. I had grey color with sparkles and wanted to see how it will look like , So the colors we asked samples from Plastika Kritis S.A doesnt have sparkles .Colors Will be Tested out after the summer since they need 30 working days to create new samples and summer is between that.So my Guess is around early of september . "(to help hide the flow marks in the plastic)" Well it helps a bit but doesnt fix the problem since the problem starts from the molds,I have done lots of deferend ways to fix it and problems are almost the same,My last hope is on a PC Black color material that arrives this week to do some tests and see if i can fix some of the problems"i will send picutres from the matterial when arrives and Also samples to ED " .About the molds searching for a solution to give the Feeding from other place since thats what causes all this but aint possible in some molds . I am not sure if i can do the tests before summer though since i have to finish lots of jobs cause the factory will close for 2 weeks from August 9 till August 26 . Really Good job gathering all the data through the forum clearing things up <3

Last edited:
@EvilDragon
How many of those grey cases did you bring back from Greece?

Are the remaining fixes for the plastics structural (board alignment pins?), mechanical (shoulder buttons?), aesthetic (markings) or other (vents?)?

These are what's left to fix? Or are these the only things that have been fixed?

The only things left.
[doublepost=1564714166,1564714142][/doublepost]
:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_OxD:'(|-)+o(:-#:$:|:happy:\o/

So, are the other seven prototype pre-pre-orders onboard and OK with granite grey too? (I am.)

These cases were made for those, yes. Unless you want a different color :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back