Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget that I had a hacked up kernel that pushed the USB charging to a higher charge value. :oops:
But it couldn't run without battery on USB power; it couldn't even trickle charge the battery if it was completely dead. Leave your Pandora uncharged for a few weeks and you need the barrel charger.
To suggest that it's "the charger of a discontinued handheld" is a little unfair though: the PSP charger is recommended because it's a quality part and extremely easy to get ahold of, but the voltage and connector is still pretty easy to come by in non-PSP chargers: I've got a box of about a dozen different chargers in a box, 3 of which are non-PSP with the correct voltage, polarity, and connector. That's why the PSP used it, because that particular barrel connector is very common, and 5v is also very common. I don't actually know what else uses it, I just know I've got these adapters. I think the one came from a battery powered pocket drill.

Also attaching the original barrel connector to another 5v charger is not rocket science.

My original charger died and soldered the connector to a usb cable. Since then I used regular usb chargers

Are the Case Samples allready on EvilDragons Place?? ,
Is Pyra CPU/Main/Display Board Number 28 allready populated ??
I have time, my Vacations will be Mid November where i have time to train how to use my Pyra,
Pyra is still a Device which is nice to have..

Are the Case Samples allready on EvilDragons Place?? ,
Is Pyra CPU/Main/Display Board Number 28 allready populated ??
I have time, my Vacations will be Mid November where i have time to train how to use my Pyra
Hmm... I don't think we had news that the boards for the first production run have been ordered yet (let alone arrived).

Did I miss something? (Maybe my attention wandered off...)

The boards were just about to be ordered last Christmas, and they definitely felt like they were almost about to be ordered back in mid-July, but I don't recall that we've had explicit news about that yet.

In EvilDragon's July 16th update, I believe he said that Global Components were preparing for ordering the parts for the mass production and would give ED a new quote based on that work, but IIUC those parts don't include the boards [or the keymats (which are already ordered and possibly arrived)] which ED orders himself and provides to GC. I think?

My feeling is that sometime in the ten weeks (or twelve? including shipping?) between the boards being ordered and arriving, EvilDragon will find time for a news post to tell us that they have been ordered. (Even if it's ice hockey season and ED is busy with videos on top of everything else). After all, it will be a pretty big milestone!

I think it will be after Christmas for the mass production, remember Ed is busy with his shop in December and nothing much happens then.Still great news about the prototypes and cases though.

From the Gamescom Thread
I built four, one even with the logo and this one goes to ToastBucket so he can work on the drivers.

It was a bit too crowded in the booth, so building them wasn't that much fun, as the parts were all in one big box and there was a lot of other stuff to take care of, but I've already continued with everything at home.

My wife will be in Florida next week, so I have 24/7 time to work on that.

The production of the first PCBs can start middle of September, btw, everything will be there then.
Then we just need to finish the case, the logo, packaging, etc. and it's time to ship.

I'm planning for the full production sometimes end of October maybe and the preorder-prototypes should go out early September.

What was especially nice is that everyone who held the Pyra in his / her hands (even if they never heard of it) said that it's very comfortable to hold and the keyboard is very nice to use.
That's a good thing :D

BTW: I tried the SmachZ. It feels pretty nice (reminds me of the Lynx 1 :D), but at the moment the analog trackpads don't work that well (at least in my opinion).
Moving the finger slowly often showed no reaction (or the movement hung) and moving it faster makes things inaccurate.
If they are able to fix it, it seems to be a nice Windows handheld.

From the Gamescom Thread
The production of the first PCBs can start middle of September, btw, everything will be there then.
Then we just need to finish the case, the logo, packaging, etc. and it's time to ship.

I'm planning for the full production sometimes end of October maybe
Ah... yes. I remember that now! (Sneaky of EvilDragon to post news in the General Discussions forum!) I had a nagging feeling that there was something escaping me. I'm so looking forward to the news post that tells us that the above is in train.

Sounds awesome, looking forward for the Unboxing Video and hopefully new news,
Also its good to have a new Thread, so if you need new updates on the Pyra, you dotnt have to read lots of diverent threads full of off topic.., like your sort of time estimation of the Board Massproduktion in the Gamescom Thread..

... Unboxing video WTF..! just make an update post with some pictures in it. Jesus!:-||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back