Ever Growing Archive

Well, while I usually don't have anything agains other gp2x sites (the more, the better in my opinion), it gets pretty annoying that you have to start a new thread about it every three or four days.

Place a link in your sig, that should be enough, don't you think?

Well, while I usually don't have anything agains other gp2x sites (the more, the better in my opinion), it gets pretty annoying that you have to start a new thread about it every three or four days.

point taken - you've really gotta be careful i guess these days when posting on boards. i guess people are irritated easily. i hate to irritate anyone and it's not intentional. i've added it to my sig instead. my apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

point taken - you've really gotta be careful i guess these days when posting on boards. i guess people are irritated easily. i hate to irritate anyone and it's not intentional. i've added it to my sig instead. my apologies.

Well, do you suppose that starting a "GP2X Community site", that has no links to the established community sites, and that claims to be the best thing since sliced bread promoting itself on one of these established community sites, that could possibly be stepping on some people's toes uneccessarily?

Also I notice you still only have the one Frequently Asked Question, I still can't understand what "GP2X User" would need to know what a GP2X is. Again, no links back to this established forum, the established file archive, or any other GP site except GPH and GBAX could be seen as somewhat aggressive.

Be realistic. Think about it. Reconsider the path you have chosen, young padwan.

Well, do you suppose that starting a "GP2X Community site", that has no links to the established community sites, and that claims to be the best thing since sliced bread promoting itself on one of these established community sites, that could possibly be stepping on some people's toes uneccessarily?

Also I notice you still only have the one Frequently Asked Question, I still can't understand what "GP2X User" would need to know what a GP2X is. Again, no links back to this established forum, the established file archive, or any other GP site except GPH and GBAX could be seen as somewhat aggressive.

Be realistic. Think about it. Reconsider the path you have chosen, young padwan.

a links section is in progress however it's not been given as much time as the rest of the site so far.

and stepping on toes is certainly not the idea, such cynicism of a new site already.

and there's no mention of any sliced bread comparisons - sliced bread was truly a wonderful invention... really.

the faq is also something that is in development - i don't feel the most relevent questions can be met until more gp2x devices have been shipped (but it's all down to opinion and i am thankful you guys at least express yours.)

i'm not here to defend myself though, i just make the occasional post about my site - maybe you'd prefer jam on that sliced bread but i prefer peanut butter. (if i had forseen unwelcome reaction i probably would still have posted in the hope that others may take my posts in a little lighter manner)

saying that my actions could be seen as aggresive... well i don't mean to be critical back to you but that's ridiculous and infact aggressive in itself (but how are you to know my intentions i suppose). if i've offended anyone please just ignore this post and this reply.

i'll take all your points into account and try think a little more if i ever post in the future. i'm not psychic so i don't know again how anyone will take this reply. i only want to help the gp2x scene.

i don't really mind the criticism though, i can take it on board.

Some advice:
Create a small banner which you can then put in your sig :)

Much better than mentioning your site.

Or mention it WITHIN a thread (i.e. if someone is looking for a file, you can redirect him to your place, etc.).

But opening a new thread every few days reminding the people what they can get on your site is mostly annoying for most users.

It's something different if you have included NEW and UNIQUE features at your site (i.e. a comprehensive beginners guide, etc.).

But you did post about your download area two times already, and that's what most guys will annoy here :)

a links section is in progress however it's not been given as much time as the rest of the site so far.

and stepping on toes is certainly not the idea, such cynicism of a new site already.

and there's no mention of any sliced bread comparisons - sliced bread was truly a wonderful invention... really.

the faq is also something that is in development - i don't feel the most relevent questions can be met until more gp2x devices have been shipped (but it's all down to opinion and i am thankful you guys at least express yours.)

i'm not here to defend myself though, i just make the occasional post about my site - maybe you'd prefer jam on that sliced bread but i prefer peanut butter. (if i had forseen unwelcome reaction i probably would still have posted in the hope that others may take my posts in a little lighter manner)

saying that my actions could be seen as aggresive... well i don't mean to be critical back to you but that's ridiculous and infact aggressive in itself (but how are you to know my intentions i suppose). if i've offended anyone please just ignore this post and this reply.

i'll take all your points into account and try think a little more if i ever post in the future. i'm not psychic so i don't know again how anyone will take this reply. i only want to help the gp2x scene.

i don't really mind the criticism though, i can take it on board.

Look, honestly, no offence intended although I know my posts do come across as a bit strong. The more GP2X sites, the better.

Just try to keep in mind that there are many sites and dedicated users and developers who have been supporting this community for a long time.

It would not take much time to search these forums, google, and provide proper link back to the community itself.

Anything else just makes you look like you're trying to attract people with a domain name, and then not let them know of the actual community you're building your own site on without any credit to the other long serving community members involved. Not that that seems to be working for your site currently anyway.

For instance I am sure you get your news from this site, your files from Evil Dragon's site, and the few registered forum users you have from posting on these forums.

So, if you're earnestly wanting to contribute to the community, then *contribute to the community*. I'm not trying to cause offence here, you just don't seem to have considered your plan of action very well.

Back