EXT connectors

Could someone please list the right equipment for this job (or if it's already been posted, on what page)?

Cheers

Soldering iron with small tip, crocodile clamps with base to hold the connector, and some soldering tin. Thats about it!

And you don't even really need the croc clamps, but they will save you some nasty words probably
wink.gif

Edit: oh, and shrink wrap and/or a glue gun are useful to keep everything in place, and keep the wires from touching eachother when used more intensive
Just to be clear, the 'soldering tin' MarkoeZ refers to is also known as 'solder' or 'flux' depending on where you live. Also, I wrote a guide earlier in this thread detailing the things I used and how I made mine.

EDIT: It can be found here (Updated 1 Oct 2011).

Last edited by a moderator:
What is preffered technique for soldering peca's BoBs to the connector? align the board with connector and drop little bits of tin on each pin?

What is preffered technique for soldering peca's BoBs to the connector? align the board with connector and drop little bits of tin on each pin?
I solder little metal blades on all sides (left - right / bottom - up) - it fix TinyBoB and EXT port connector together. Then solder just needed pins (ie GND, video Y[, video C], audio out[/in] L+R). I think that soldering of all pins is waste of time and material.

Just to be clear, the 'soldering tin' MarkoeZ refers to is also known as 'solder' or 'flux' depending on where you live. Also, I wrote a guide earlier in this thread detailing the things I used and how I made mine.

EDIT: It can be found here.

Ah, i'm not native English speaking, thanks for the clarification
smile.gif
it's called "soldeertin" here, late night translating does not work.

Corrected the post.

I am thankfully almost out, but I've still got a few. Just shoot me a PM and we'll discuss details.

So we don't all get buggy about it and PM you daily... What is the value of DD/MM/YYY in:

If you don't receive the EXT connectors you ordered from Wizardstan by DD/MM/YYYY, then please contact Wizardstan to see whats up with it.

I am thankfully almost out, but I've still got a few. Just shoot me a PM and we'll discuss details.

So we don't all get buggy about it and PM you daily... What is the value of DD/MM/YYY in:

If you don't receive the EXT connectors you ordered from Wizardstan by DD/MM/YYYY, then please contact Wizardstan to see whats up with it.

I got mine Saturday - Thank you!

Still haven't got mine (after I re-did the payment).

Diligently waiting :)

(can't use them anyway for a few more months :/)

I have to apologize. I messed up my order sheet a little. I accidentally forgot a couple of people with particularly large orders, 2 people from Japan, and a half dozen that were on my list at the bottom whom I accidentally erased when I resumed shipping after the strike ended. It's all been sorted now. The last envelope was sealed and in the mail. Sorry about that, people who have been waiting an extra week because of my confusion.

I've got about 50 left, beyond the ones I was keeping for myself and future spares, if anyone else is interested.

WizardStan - I don't know if you lost me in that situation, but I would definitely like to buy 4 EXT connectors from you if possible - can you please PM me with details how I do that (paypal account?) so I can place an order right away? I definitely would like to have these ASAP, as my TinyBOB boards are on their way too.

WizardStan - I don't know if you lost me in that situation, but I would definitely like to buy 4 EXT connectors from you if possible - can you please PM me with details how I do that (paypal account?) so I can place an order right away? I definitely would like to have these ASAP, as my TinyBOB boards are on their way too.
You should PM him, asking someone to PM you on a forum thread is IMO asking too much.

Hi,

Just received my ext connectors yesterday!

FYI they was ordered on june 29th (I live in France).

Big thanks to WizardStan!

Now i am looking for an iron with a really small tip :)

Hello,

i did a small blog post about the Video-Out using the Ext connectors, and thought it might also serve as an introduction to those new to the ext port.

So if anyone has corrections/additions/comments, please let me know on this forum or on my site.

markoez.pirategames.co.uk/index.php/blog/pandora-ext-tv-out-explained

Cheers!

p.s. @Wizardstan: Did i state that correctly? Easily changed, so just let me know :)

I'd put in a note that soldering on the cap is only temporary right now. With an update to the video drivers (ie, next kernel) it's possible to output a composite signal on the S-video Y line.

Also, I'd include a mention of the fact that the pinout diagram is looking at the Pandora Side of the connector. As a result, the diagram should be flipped. I posted a guide of sorts earlier in this thread (EDIT: here, updated 01 Oct 2011), feel free to take anything from that you think might be useful.

Pandora EXT port han only one "general purpose" ground pin, so your schematic for composite connector might be a little confusing.

I'd put in a note that soldering on the cap is only temporary right now. With an update to the video drivers (ie, next kernel) it's possible to output a composite signal on the S-video Y line.

Ah good one. but will probably take a while, right?

Also, I'd include a mention of the fact that the pinout diagram is looking at the Pandora Side of the connector. As a result, the diagram should be flipped.

I posted a guide of sorts earlier in this thread (EDIT: here), feel free to take anything from that you think might be useful.

Uhm, look right below the picture, there it already says you should flip it when you start soldering
wink.gif

And thanks for the link, i will take a look.

Edit: Great tutorial! With your permission, i will post a link to it in my blog post as well

Pandora EXT port han only one "general purpose" ground pin, so your schematic for composite connector might be a little confusing.

Hmm, i thought people could figure out that much themselves, but might change that too. Idiot proof is never a bad thing
wink.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys, off to do some edits now.

Cheers!

Edit: and edits done. I included the kernel part, made the pinout switching text a little more clear, removed the 2nd ground line from the diagram and finally included a link to Vadsamoht's guide.

Thanks guys! (or girls ofcourse;)

^nice! Thanks for pointing to the gpio-topic!

Tonight I also found WizardStan's ext-connectors in my mailbox, excellent! :D

Back