EXT connectors

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
You want them, I want them. Unfortunately, TI has a 2200 part minimum order. Fortunately, I found a reseller that'll split the box if we take 1000, they'll hold onto the other 1200. Unfortunately, that's still about $700. $300 I was willing to front and hope people paid back, $700 is a little much.

So here's the plan. If you want some, send me a PM pledging the amount that you're willing to contribute. I'll add up all the pledges and when we've finally got enough interest I'll make the order, safe in the knowledge that there is enough interest that I won't be stuck holding onto $500 worth of connectors that people don't want.

Just send me a PM telling me how much money you want to spend. The amount of interest there ultimately is and how many I'm able to order will determine the breakdowns, but basically it will be that the more you pledge the cheaper it'll be per part. Something like $10 for 3, or $20 for 10, or $50 for 50, like that. Like I say, exact numbers will depend on how much people are willing to pledge, and I'll definitely let everyone know the breakdown before ordering in case anyone wants to change their mind.

Keep in mind when thinking about how many you want, we need to get about $700. If we're close, I'll top it up myself.

Please don't pledge unless you really are interested. I don't want to buy these things and then be told you changed your mind. It will make me sad.

We'll see how this goes for a week or two. Maybe someone can repost to the German forum, or anywhere else that may be interested in these?

Thanks!

@WizardStan: Where are You from? Actually, how much will be international postage (circa), especially to EU (Czech).

I'm sending PM in a minute.

@WizardStan: Where are You from? Actually, how much will be international postage (circa), especially to EU (Czech).

I'm sending PM in a minute.
The connectors are so small, shipping 5 or 10 is about $2 overseas. I'm not too worried about shipping costs.

Gruso, would you mind stickying this for a couple of weeks?

I just thinking about housing. There are only bare connectors, aren't they? So, casting resin (or silicon) will be our friend.

If anybody spot housing that fits, post a note please.

i am in but only if the plan in the other thread that craig mentioned falls through. see where we are in 2 months, and go from there

I've sent a PM, as you know. :lol:

I won't use them for a TV-out cable because I have one of those pre-ordered, but if any funky gizmos come about, then I'm sure I'll be able to supply a connector and commission whatever said gizmo turns out to be. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
PM'd I'm in. Not fully sure what it is I'm buying. Is there information on this? Picture, pin out etc, old thread?

May be worth editing your first post to "sell" this little connector to drum up some trade.

It would be nice if people post ideas of what might be possible and what their plans are for it.

Hopefully I'll be inspired to increase my commitment which will help make this thing happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back