Extra Headphone Jack On The Side

Should there be and extra headphone jack on the side?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

fusion_power said:
Exophase said:
Can't you guys buy 90 degree adapters? Quick check on froogle shows they cost a few dollars.
A good device should work with standard components and no adapters. ;) Adapters also could get LOST. I don't remember an "thing that is also able to play Musik from into the pocket" where you need an Adapter to use it in a pocket...
...Ok, the GBA (SP) needs an Adapter to use a Headphone but the GBA is not supposed for Musik play. :lol:

Well, I think the Designers will find an solution to make the Pandora Pocket-save. :) Placing the Jack at the place I suggested shouldn't cost any cent.

It'll work fine w/o the adapter, it's just something for the few people who want this. Better not to add things that will only appeal to a certain percentage when it can be fixed for a small cost. You can't compare it to a device that doesn't have a headphone jack at all (that was a big mistake for GBA SP IMO, one of the reasons why I preferred the original w/Afterburner)

Your solution isn't bad, IMO, but requiring the adapter is a pretty minor thing in this case. And it really shouldn't ever get lost if you don't take it off the headphones, like the angle adapter on my phone charger...

And I really don't think that an adapter that just changes the orientation a little is going to hurt sound quality a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever happens here, PLEASE DON'T CHANGE IT TO ONLY ON THE SIDE. The GP2X was/is very awkward (and sometimes painful) to play when the power adapter was used, which plugs into the side.

A repeat of that debacle will NOT be welcomed.

Why don't we just put the jack on the side - on the screen panel. That way, we avoid both the pocket awkwardness and the hand interference.

Mikelx215 said:
Why don't we just put the jack on the side - on the screen panel. That way, we avoid both the pocket awkwardness and the hand interference.
Hey, this Idea is not bad. :) If the Screen pannel is thick enough it shouldn't be a problem to include a Jack there. Even if the Board has a fix connection for an Headphone Jack, with cables the thing can be everywhere at the Pandora. :)

fusion_power said:
Mikelx215 said:
Hey, this Idea is not bad. :) If the Screen pannel is thick enough it shouldn't be a problem to include a Jack there. Even if the Board has a fix connection for an Headphone Jack, with cables the thing can be everywhere at the Pandora. :)

No way, that idea sucks. Imagine playing your pandora with the headphones plugged in on the screen-panel. Would get in the way too easily.

I think having the jack positioned like you suggested in your mock-up would be a good idea actually.

Back