F200 Or Pandora?

ihmedia

Still Fresh
Hi

I cant decide if to get an f200 now or wait for a pandora, I guess the pandora is aimed at a diffrent market to the f200 as it has wifi and keyboard ect. I gues i may get both.

I would be interest in hearing other peoples views on this, will all you f200 owners be getting a pandora also?

Also any ideas when pandora will be released?

F-200 'cause for pandora you could wait forever.

also gp2x is a very little gem, don't miss it!
you will also fund pandora taking it from craig i think

Pandora is going to have some really great improvements from the GP2x like wifi, keyboard, etc., but there is an advantage to buying a system that already has plenty of software developed for it. The GP2x has an abundance of emulators and homebrew for it already. Even when the Pandora is released, who knows when all of the Pandora kinks will be worked out.

Here are some questions you could ask yourself:

- Can I wait that long until the Pandora comes out and have a sufficient library of software?

- What am I going to use the F-200/Pandora for? For multimedia? For gaming? For emulation? For applications?

- If for emulation, then are the systems currently emulated for the F-200 enough for me?

- Are the added features in the Pandora important to me?

(Well, you could always get both, if you want to and can afford them. :p )

I say get the F200 now, and the Pandora when it is released. At least that is what I am planning to do (I already have the F200). No more "closed" handheld game systems for me :) I am sure the Pandora will be fantastic, but I will continue to enjoy my GP2X as well...even after its release. There are alot of great homebrew apps and emulators that I really enjoy on the GP2X, and I wouldn't want to miss out on anything personally :)

For a system like the pandora, being an early adopter has it's disadvantages (lack of finalized/any software, hw faults, etc.) I'd say go with the GP2X now and start saving up for the pandora, cause you should be able to save up enough for the pandora by release.

That and there's a few titles that may not ever make it to the pandora that are on the GP2X... kinda like how I still use my GP32 'cause it's got some awesome homebrew that didn't make it to the GP2X that I thoroughly enjoy.

At this point, Pandora has a tentative release of Spring 08. That's pretty vague if you ask me, and I'll be surprised if it's actually released that early.

That being said, why suffer through a long wait for a device with no definite release date?

I'm sure Pandora will be great, but all we have right now is a bunch of rendered models and written words. The GP2X is a real device with a excellent following.

The pandora console looks ugly with built in keyboard it does not look like console at all, even it's released it will not have many emulators,homebrew,applications it takes about 1 to 2 years to be good no console is good at launch so pandora will not be good idea to buy and gp2x has been in emulation for since 2005 till now so it has excellent library of emulators,homebrew,applications.

Well gph will be in the safe side with their latest console yet to release gp2x f-800 all of the gp2x f-200 software can be used for the gp2x f-800 basically it will be the same but more powerful.

sukhigp said:
The pandora console looks ugly with built in keyboard it does not look like console at all, even it's released it will not have many emulators,homebrew,applications it takes about 1 to 2 years to be good no console is good at launch so pandora will not be good idea to buy and gp2x has been in emulation for since 2005 till now so it has excellent library of emulators,homebrew,applications.

Well gph will be in the safe side with their latest console yet to release gp2x f-800 all of the gp2x f-200 software can be used for the gp2x f-800 basically it will be the same but more powerful.
Hey Sukhi!!! Do me a favor and tell Anna I said hi ;)

I love bad viral marketing :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, maybe the "F-800" is the secret codename for the Pandora!

I don't think sukhi is from GPH. Maybe GamePark. He is a spammer in the GPH support forums.

I don't think Anna works for GPH anymore.

I have no idea what GPH is going to do with the F800. Maybe they plan to use the new POLLUX SoC. It's only 533MHz. So only 67% of the proclaimed clocked. Maybe we can expect some boards to get a 50% overclock such as with the GP2X.

Either way, this is the only board that makes sense.

http://www.mesdigital.com/english/Products...roducttable.asp

Certainly with the F200 just out and no accouncement for f800, I wouldn't hold your breath. F200 looks great for now. I really enjoy using it for a few homebrew games and a bunch of 16bit emulators.

I would not hesitate grabbing a f200 now and grabbing a Pandora in the future once you get some indication from users if it really is the promised land. :D

lol Yeah Anna does not work for GPH anymore. There is something amiss here about Sukhi, something...familiar. Besides the spamming of the Support forums, ill look over them again.

However, I just can't shake the feeling that somethings..........wrong........

Game_over said:
Something is wrong. Sukhigp is clearly the byproduct of inbreeding. If inbreeding isn't wrong, then I don't know what is.

Ravnos said:
Game_over said:
Something is wrong. Sukhigp is clearly the byproduct of inbreeding. If inbreeding isn't wrong, then I don't know what is.

That made me giggle out loud.

Anyway, I'd agree with the general feeling, get a GP2X and a Pandora. :)

sukhigp said:

Hot do you know this when nobody else does?
What makes you think GPH (or you, if you work for them) won't muck up again and get the backwards - compatibility wrong?
:ph34r: :lol: <_< :huh:

Game_over said:
:ph34r: <_< :huh:
Me too. Hmmm.... :p

Definitely F200 it is still actively developed for and it will take at least a year before Pandora will have the same quality and quantity of software.

Thank you bob for giving a positive answer.

pandora won't have the same quality software of the gp2x will take one year at least, it's best to buy pandora after a year and keep using gp2x for that length of time.

The gp2x f-800 isn't a code for pandora that's impossible i read about f-800 info on dcemu website, to be honest don't know if it's true i think the info was given from gph well it can't be made up, can it be that gp2x f-200 is the last console from gph if this true it must most dumbest thing ever we do need more powerful system than f-200, by the way does the pandora have thing like gp2x cradle without this it's no match for the gp2x.

Maybe i was wrong about the pandora it's a powerhouse of a system i've just read some info it's really incredible it's promised we will have full speed psx,n64,gamecube emulation on it which is good if pandora can make gamecube it will amazing, psp,gp2x can't emulate gamecube which pandora can we will see it one day.

I just want to see these lovely system on pandora 32x,saturn,dreamcast,3do,jaguar,xbox,ps2, here is a link for pandora info:
http://pandora.bluwiki.com/%22%20target=%22_blank

Back