fare ye well

It was until I realised that I was trying to run zipped adf's, now it is my mistress.

Hakman: If you are having any problems and don't want to make a post about it, you can pm me with any emulation questions and I'll try to help.

What happens when you try to run it?

Today I tried Gravity Force. Fine. I get to the title screen (cracked version, by the way), then after entering the password, the screen goes blank. I can return to the emulator's menu. Dunno about sound, I tested in Study Hall without headphones. I tried another game or two (forget which ones), with similar results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ok, well as long as the game does run then it might be because of a bad sector on the game disk that was ripped to make the .adf.

There are a few games that I've tried that crash halfway through loading (damn you brataccas), and I think that this is down to a duff disk image rather than being UAE's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ok, well as long as the game does run then it might be because of a bad sector on the game disk that was ripped to make the .adf.

There are a few games that I've tried that crash halfway through loading (damn you brataccas), and I think that this is down to a duff disk image rather than being UAE's fault.

So what can I do?

It was until I realised that I was trying to run zipped adf's, now it is my mistress.

Hakman: If you are having any problems and don't want to make a post about it, you can pm me with any emulation questions and I'll try to help.
Thank you but you would not know what you would getting yourself into.

Pandora muck perhaps :mellow:

Proto - Yes you can only try to find a different .adf file. I just tried my version of Gravity force and it does the same as yours, and I've cleaned up all my files with tosec so it's probably just a bad dump.

Proto - Yes you can only try to find a different .adf file. I just tried my version of Gravity force and it does the same as yours, and I've cleaned up all my files with tosec so it's probably just a bad dump.

Any indicating marks in the filename I should look out for? My "source" has all the info in the name of the ROM.

Any indicating marks in the filename I should look out for? My "source" has all the info in the name of the ROM.

In my experience, (!) is used to designate a flawless rip.

I know, but I also know that different platforms often have their own special marks.

As far as I'm aware there are no such marks on amiga adf's. I've also found some games only have one version available, for instance I've only been able to find a single version of Brataccas, and that one crashes.

There might just be some wacky parameters that these games require to run properly that I am unaware of.

Strange, as I make it a priority to obtain ROMs with a [!] in them, or without a [b(x)] if that's not an option. Guess I'll have to do this the hard way.

Back