Farmville Works On Pandora

mth411

Some people were interested if farmville and facebook were usable on the pandora,
It is, I don't play farmville, so I just started it up from facebook page in firefox, was playable, music played, touchscreen seemed a great interface :)

using the N900 flash plugin and firefox (doesn't work in midori or aurora for me, will look into it), it works.
Install firefox (which complains if you don't update sqlite):
sudo opkg update
sudo opkg install firefox
sudo opkg upgrade libsqlite3-0

sudo cp /media/SDCARD/libflashplugin.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
(I removed swfdec first using sudo opkg --force-depends remove swfdec-mozilla swfdec-gnome swfdec)

The current Maemo5 N900 flash plugin (10.1) is available here:
http://www.renegade-uiq.com/

The newer beta (Optimized for OMAP) is available on request from here:
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/adobeflash-a8.html

Also, doesn't fit the screen, but you can pan in firefox.

I don't know if anything was off the screen that I needed to see, didn't pan around.

Hello mth411, can you test if grooveshark.com works? It's almost the only flash website I use daily.

Thanks

Defo said:
Grooveshark switched to HTML5 in December, so it might work already.

I miss the old version simply because you can't customize the song list anymore. I used to have it so it displayed the songs as little thin boxes without the album art. Now you can't do that anymore :(

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Defo said:

I didn't know, I have been looking at and discovered that it's only avalible for vip users and is a beta. Thanks for the advise anyway.

asimov-solensan said:
Defo said:

I didn't know, I have been looking at and discovered that it's only avalible for vip users and is a beta. Thanks for the advise anyway.

No, the HTML5 is for all users. However, the Groovshark site is not completely HTML5. The music playback is still handled by a flash element.

-God Ginrai

Pretty sweet, the plugin works surprisingly well on Pandora! This topic really made my day! Now if we only got a Java plugin for browsers: :)

Tosikko said:
Pretty sweet, the plugin works surprisingly well on Pandora! This topic really made my day! Now if we only got a Java plugin for browsers: :)

I didn't know there wasn't one. I would have thought OpenJDK would be sufficient.

Unfathomable Depths said:
How did I know god ginari would be all over a topic about Farmville?

He loves that shit.

Not sure if this is intended as harassment ?, But it has been reported as such. Maybe an unprovoked attack ?,
Or a case of light hearted fun ?. If it is indeed light hearted fun, Please be more careful how you word
or qualify things in future. If it is not, I think an apology is in order.

Trooper

Is it at all possible to get this flash plugin in the firmware by default? Anyone wanna make an installer, if not .. ?

As I said in the other thread, I'm considering it for the next 2 Firefox releases, but what are the legalities?

God Ginrai said:
asimov-solensan said:
Defo said:

No, the HTML5 is for all users. However, the Groovshark site is not completely HTML5. The music playback is still handled by a flash element.

-God Ginrai

Then we are not talking about preview.grooveshark.com.

Then the last update replaced the flash interface by this one made with html5. I have been using it and didn't notices, in fact it works as bad on my netbook as the old interface (slow and crashy).

By the way God Ginrai maybe you want to know that the old interface is still working on http://retro.grooveshark.com/

Unfathomable Depths said:
How did I know god ginari would be all over a topic about Farmville?

So does my Mrs, and the only way I could keep her off my Pandora was by telling her that Farmville won't run. Sorry lads, but I gots to adblock this thread.

D.

Just a heads up, if you simply install the flash plugin to the NAND under /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so it seems to work with chromium's PND without a problem, and better than the NAND install of firefox does. Just saying to save some nand space if you installed FF you can get rid of it and be safe =)

hmm, that doesn't seem to work with Chromium for me. Works fire that way with firefox. Are you using the N900 plugin or the updated one from TI?

I used the n900 plugin, and it works in Chromium and Firefox. Don't know if the TI plugin works in Chromium, though.

Back