Favorite boss battles

LTStone

Just wondered what some of your favorite boss battles are, and if possible keep them Pandora related( games playable on the Pandora).

Here are a couple of mine:

Metal Gear Rex: Metal gear solid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVnojkUtI0

Just a very big and daunting enemy with some very cool drama.

Contra 3 : Giant android head

http://101videogames.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/contra-3-super-nes-skeleton-boss.png

Not too hard but still scary as heck, also the way the enemy dies is very cool and satisfying.

Turrican 2: Giant 3 screen high spaceship

http://www.blumentopferde.info/retrozocker/2007/01/

I just remember this being pretty incredible for the lowly c64 and Amiga

Sephiroth, final battle, in Final Fantasy VII.

Magistral music, strong spells used against your guys. Very impressive and a proper ending for a superb game. 

Final boss in Star Fox on the Snes! Blew my mind when I first played it, but I beat it my first try so it was easier than it looked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hI00oCSt9o

Last edited by a moderator:
Final boss in Star Fox on the Snes! Blew my mind when I first played it, but I beat it my first try so it was easier than it looked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hI00oCSt9o
AHH spoiler alert :)

Sephiroth, final battle, in Final Fantasy VII.

Magistral music, strong spells used against your guys. Very impressive and a proper ending for a superb game. 
I was expecting this one..

His dang Ultima spell... :(

Oh that FF7 Final battle was pretty epic. The first hearing of that music sent chills down my spine. Until then, most music was fairly ambient or mostly beepy. That changed everything.

Ico's  final boss felt important. The visuals for it made it feel pretty emotional as well.

System Shock 2, finally seeing shodan... That games quotes also gave me chills with the rogue AI that was creepy and cold.

Speaking of which, Portal 2's.... well yeah was a literal OMG. At the top of my lungs.

Ico's  final boss felt important. The visuals for it made it feel pretty emotional as well.   System Shock 2, finally seeing shodan... That games quotes also gave me chills with the rogue AI that was creepy and cold. Speaking of which, Portal 2's.... well yeah was a literal OMG. At the top of my lungs.
Not really Pandora related I guess :)  

Serris from Metroid Fusion (GBA)

Boss_serris.gif

was a very cool one

and of course THIS boss from Rocket Knight Adventures (Sega MD/Genesis)

rka-3.png

but then all the bosses are cool from that game!

Dobkeratops, the first boss in R-Type is a classic.

Dobkeratops.jpg

I experienced it in an arcade before I'd seen anything about it - it was totally unexpected and utterly amazing. Even to this day, I have a real soft spot for it.

But my absolute fave boss is ED-209 from the Robocop Arcade game.

robocop_(14).jpg

Loved the original movie soooooo much and Robocop is probably my fave arcade game too.

Now, they're my fave bosse, but I absolutely hated the final boss of Metroid Prime on GameCube (which as a result I never completed). Actually pretty much all of the bosses in Metroid Prime pissed me off. No other game has ever done that.

Gruntilda in Banjo Kazooie on N64 spoiled a fantastic game for me. I beat her, but didn't enjoy the battle at all.

Yeah I also agree with Megaman, R-type and actually That Ed 209 boss as well, although a simple boss I remember that one well with that scream it gave off as it retreated.

I never completed Fallout 1 but I plan on it hopefully on the Pandora..

I was impressed by ED-209 too and its sounds.

How do you kill him offscreen? I recall you could punch offscreen objects (crates) eternally for points, or you could, with some practice, take powerfull weapons to the boss fight.

Adding up to bosses, I believe pretty much every boss from Metal Slug are awesome.

How do you kill him offscreen?
If you have either the triple shot gun or the rapid fire you can move straight to the right side of the screen, keep jumping and firing and he never appears (as you've killed him already). You don't even get hurt.

There is also a bug on Level 4(?) the junkyard. If you ride the lift to the top about hlafway along the level and stand still, your score goes through the roof.

If you have either the triple shot gun or the rapid fire you can move straight to the right side of the screen, keep jumping and firing and he never appears (as you've killed him already). You don't even get hurt.

There is also a bug on Level 4(?) the junkyard. If you ride the lift to the top about hlafway along the level and stand still, your score goes through the roof.
ha, I recall the roof bonus too. Mostly fascinating is the fact the people pretty much discovered these game ´features´ by them selves. :D

ha, I recall the roof bonus too. Mostly fascinating is the fact the people pretty much discovered these game ´features´ by them selves. :D

edit:crap net, double post, I can´t seem to delete this, can a mod help?

Back