Favorite war movie?

Favorite war movie genre?

• American Revolutionary War

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Korean War

• Ancient Wars (Roman, Greek)

• Other American wars (Spanish-American, French & Indian, War of 1812, etc)

• Total voters

Does Star Wars count?

If so, that one.

The Great Escape is decent, one I remember from my childhood.

Can't think many others.

Platoon, Full Metal Jacket...

"Das Boot" and "Stalingrad" ... but I can't watch them often because they are rather depressing and unpleasant. Especially Stalingrad. But so is war, so ... ... ...

"Three Kings" is also a pretty good war movie, but very different (seems to be a comedy at first, but then ...)

"Das Boot" and "Stalingrad" ... but I can't watch them often because they are rather depressing and unpleasant. Especially Stalingrad. But so is war, so ... ... ...

"Three Kings" is also a pretty good war movie, but very different (seems to be a comedy at first, but then ...)
Das Boot is great - although I can't stand the director's cut, it's just watered down and too long, imo.

I tend to prefer theatrical releases to extended/director's cuts in almost every case.

The Terminator series, or maybe some other science fiction film that isn't Star Wars.

I don't like war movies.

I'm not talking about science fiction
hqdefault.jpg

Looks pretty real to me. ;)

Although, I think it's a downgrade from Saving Private Ryan, given roughly the same production team.
Well I believe Band of Brothers had a much better and grander story honestly. Anything story condensed to the size of a movie tends to be this way. I could care less about effects and such.

The Terminator series, or maybe some other science fiction film that isn't Star Wars.

I don't like war movies.
What's wrong with Star Wars?
Nothing, just not one of my personal favorite series, and well known science fiction war movies.

I'd like to make clear that I'm not talking about science fiction - only movies portraying historical wars.
I might be able to come up with something if I think about it.  Are television series permitted?

USA is apparently the only country to ever be in wars according to poll. I'll pick The Whistleblower, something that at least shows USA in the correct way.

Back