Favourite Racing Game On Gp2x?

Overlooked racer--Rock 'N Roll Racing for SNES/Genesis. Blizzard had the ability to make a fun game even back then.

Stunt Car Racer on OutCast: the gp2x racing queen so far.

Neo Drift Out on Mame or GneoGeo
RC Pro am on NK's NES, GuBoy or DRMD
Lotus on Genesis
Pit Stop II on Frodo or Vice
Pole Position II on Frodo or Vice
and why not: Final Lap on PC Engine?

.....but I am still waiting for WEC LeMans, Out Run or Powerdrift on MAME.

this is sort of off-topic, but when i was a little kid i had a "racing" game that was, well, hard to describe but i'll do my best. i was wondering if anyone else had one and could name it for me.

first of all, not a video game. it's electric but not electronic. it's a toy. basically it was like this sort of painted screen that went around two spools in a loop. turning it on shone a light and moved the screen. then there was a steering wheel (or handlebars? i think it was supposed to be a motorcycle). it had a little key you turned. then, if memory serves, you just turned the wheel which changed your position on the screen (maybe?)

heck, now that i think of it, it may have even been a simple lcd thing, like a game & watch. but it was big and molded plastic, and had moving parts.

any takers? it's killing me.

.....but I am still waiting for WEC LeMans, Out Run or Powerdrift on MAME.
yeah powerdrift! but there is no support in mame at all, any version, as far as I know. you'd need a port of 'final burn' or something. doh.

Powerdrift works on newer MAME versions, but personally I prefer to play it on Final Burn, the controls are somehow better.

...but I feel I just have got the wrong configuration in MAME.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbo Esprit on the ZX Spectrum is just gagging for a remake, or the original GTA.

Cheers

Back