Fday Ordeal

The only thing i ask for the GP32-2 (wich is a less awsome name than GP64, imo...), is retrocompatibility with GP32 first named !

Myth posted on May 14 2005 at 09:51 PM said:
The only thing i ask for the GP32-2 (wich is a less awsome name than GP64, imo...), is retrocompatibility with GP32 first named !

A retro machine that didn't offer backwards compatibility would be kinda odd, no?

:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I izda Boi inda Hood! posted on May 14 2005 at 05:16 PM said:
Myth posted on May 14 2005 at 09:51 PM said:

A retro machine that didn't offer backwards compatibility would be kinda odd, no?

:huh:

I wouldn't put it past Gamepark, though.

Alright, since I'm relatively new around here, when is Fday? And are they really working on a new SNES emulator? PLEASE let it be as good as DrMD, PLEASE!!!!!!! And please let it come soon so I can play Seiken Densetsu 3. I will worship whoever makes an SNES emulator that's as good as Dr. MD... or even as good as OSNES9XGP without that stupid grey bar.

Fday is a day about 2 months from now when Rlyeh is going to release all 13 of his emulators. We only know of 12 of them, so one of them is a secret. Goto retrodev.info (Rlyeh's site) for more information, a list and informations about the know emulators, and screenshots.

Magus 86 posted on May 14 2005 at 06:34 PM said:
Alright, since I'm relatively new around here, when is Fday? And are they really working on a new SNES emulator? PLEASE let it be as good as DrMD, PLEASE!!!!!!! And please let it come soon so I can play Seiken Densetsu 3. I will worship whoever makes an SNES emulator that's as good as Dr. MD... or even as good as OSNES9XGP without that stupid grey bar.

If Ryleh is going to release a FSNES then thatwould be a smart move. It would make The RAM upgrade worth it cuz you would need it to play Seiken Densetsu 3 and some other VERY good snes games. It would also make alot of people 'horny' and donate to him like they donated to Reesy for making the Dr Md.

It would be almost perfect emulation if its like his other emulators. But frameskip and the Cpu cycle thing come in good handy in OSNES9x.

I have no problem dealing with Seiken Densetsu 3, Chrono Trigger, or any other SNES game running slowly. I had to deal with that for the PSX version of Chrono Trigger... but that stupid grey bar keeps me from playing Seiken Densetsu 3 because I can't read the text. The most you can read is one line because the bar blocks out the rest. I don't care how it's taken care of as long as someone makes an emulator that has all the features of osnes9xgp without that bar. I know version 1 will work on a BLU+, but when i try playing SD3 on it, it crashes during the intro sequence you get when you start a new game. Also, even if it didn't crash, you can't save your configuration files... I have to turn the sound on every single time(unless I'm stupid and missed something), and I also have to change the control scheme every time or just let it alone and play with the default setting. That sucks. We need a new SNES emulator or at the very least for someone to fix osnes9xgp, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Aww, 2 months from now? crap... Oh well, I guess later is better than never... I don't see a list of emulators that he's releasing or screenshots. All I see are a few screenshots of his gameboy emulator, along with the emulators he's already made available for download at the top.

The icons at the top are those of 12 out of the 13 emulators. Old versions of some of them are avialiable for download.

If there is a next generation GP32, who says it won't be protected by SDK? It may not be open to the programers like the present GP32 is!

I couldn't believe it. However, we don't know how dumb can be Gamepark...

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 15 2005 at 06:06 PM said:
If there is a next generation GP32, who says it won't be protected by SDK? It may not be open to the programers like the present GP32 is!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the GP32 like this originally? In that it was protected and then Gamepark opened it up?

White Demon posted on May 15 2005 at 07:54 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on May 15 2005 at 06:06 PM said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the GP32 like this originally? In that it was protected and then Gamepark opened it up?
Yeah, it was closed, and that why they released the freelauncher app and their SDK in order to allow it to be an open console.

But the thing is, without opening up the GP32, their console would have died ages ago, and I'm sure they realize this. The new GP will be just as open as this one; I'm sure of that. ;)

KickinWing posted on May 14 2005 at 08:02 PM said:
shinneri posted on May 14 2005 at 02:03 PM said:
KickinWing posted on May 14 2005 at 11:26 AM said:
GP32 2 rumor is just that a rumor. if you think about the "business" that is gamepark, they make their money from the GP32 units themselves, obviously not from software, and it's just not feesable that they are making enough money to run a business and develope a new system at the same time. They have to be getting money from somewhere else.
They just released a new version along with a European launch last year, so obviously they aren't under THAT much financial strain as you always suggest. Also, they keep churning out those Gameparks like clockwork. And maybe they do have other business; I often wonder what this WES: Ntertainer is that they speak about on their site (not to mention the one below it that's in korean..).

I always speak about it being in the type of business i am in, i can understand costs involved, the only thing is i'm comparing it to US business and i don't truely understand how Korean businesses work, but I'd imagine that they still have to pay for utilities, rent of the building and or property, employee wages, manufacturing costs, supplying costs, and other misc costs. If you take into account all these costs and compare them to the cost of the Gamepark and how many they are actually selling over the years it doesn't make sense to me that the Gamepark itself has kept the company alive so maybe the Korean military is a big part of their moneys but if not, then i can't see how its feesable Gamepark would have enough money to pay their monthly expenses as well as pay for developement/research costs of an entirely new system.

Drugs : :ph34r:

eh? What bugs? The only problem I see with it right now is that some of the programs out there haven't been updated to work on the BLU+ screen... well, that and that some emulators aren't quite full speed, but that's not the fault of GamePark. By the way, is there a concept picture anywhere of what the new system might look like? I hope they add some more buttons.

Back