Possible Evidence Of Gp64?

I must say im quite skeptical about this. afterall if it where real wouldnt there be some sort of press release on the gamepark website? Sorry to dash anyones hopes but i dont think this is real as surely there would be some more press.

-Aldur
"resolves keeping of the development secret extremely until the year 2005 appointment his the new detection about the device before releasing in 2006 [m]."
well Im guessing that means gamepark is keeping the development secret untill 2005(this year) and info about it would be revealed before 2006 (like the press stuff ect.)

Keep a secret? It is not hard for Gamepark. After all they are pretty good at keeping the current GP32 BLU a secret too for most of the world :p

If it was a secret why go to 2003 E3 with it?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say im quite skeptical about this. afterall if it where real wouldnt there be some sort of press release on the gamepark website? Sorry to dash anyones hopes but i dont think this is real as surely there would be some more press.

-Aldur
"resolves keeping of the development secret extremely until the year 2005 appointment his the new detection about the device before releasing in 2006 [m]."
well Im guessing that means gamepark is keeping the development secret untill 2005(this year) and info about it would be revealed before 2006 (like the press stuff ect.)

Keep a secret? It is not hard for Gamepark. After all they are pretty good at keeping the current GP32 BLU a secret too for most of the world :p

If it was a secret why go to 2003 E3 with it?!
to show a select few behind close doors?

But its odd cos lik-sang must be paying for the domain, and it links to a product they dont sell anymore so why dont they ditch it?
Not to sound skeptical but there is a practical explanation for they having that domain even after they stop carrying the product. When you register a domain you do so for so many years (1, 2, 3, and so on), so, the registration period could just not be over yet.. and they were just being overly optimistic.

Also, it doesn't load for me anyway... :ph34r:

But its odd cos lik-sang must be paying for the domain, and it links to a product they dont sell anymore so why dont they ditch it?
Not to sound skeptical but there is a practical explanation for they having that domain even after they stop carrying the product. When you register a domain you do so for so many years (1, 2, 3, and so on), so, the registration period could just not be over yet.. and they were just being overly optimistic.

Also, it doesn't load for me anyway... :ph34r:

Expiration date: 21 Oct 2005 07:20:32

guess we will know when its 21 oct, if the site isnt expired they want to keep te url.
If they want to keep the url there has to be a reason...

just because the GP32 is a 32 bit system doesn't mean the new system they release, IF THEY EVER DO, will be 64 bit so why do we keep calling it the GP64?

You guys are a possitive bunch :p Cant you just try to believe that this is real?

Who cares if its real or not i believe that they will eventually build a new one if the company, like most companies are greedy for money.

http://www.gp32news.com/gp32news/index.php...ge&lang=fr&id=6

this site says its going to have one (in french) and im gunna stand firm because i dont wanna have some gawd forsaken PSP carrying around i wanna be unique and have teh gp64 :p

just because the GP32 is a 32 bit system doesn't mean the new system they release, IF THEY EVER DO, will be 64 bit so why do we keep calling it the GP64?
It's a catchy name is all, and apparently it has some weight to it if Lik-Sang actually registered a domain with that name.

You guys are a possitive bunch :p Cant you just try to believe that this is real?

Who cares if its real or not i believe that they will eventually build a new one if the company, like most companies are greedy for money.

http://www.gp32news.com/gp32news/index.php...ge&lang=fr&id=6

this site says its going to have one (in french) and im gunna stand firm because i dont wanna have some gawd forsaken PSP carrying around i wanna be unique and have teh gp64 :p

that website is in english too

it costs like $5 a year to park a domain, it's nothing more than a marketing scheme (quite effective IMO), lik-sang probably anticipates a gp64, and therefore backordered it - much like how every common typo for "www.google.com" has been vigorously snatched.

and in the end, if there is indeed a gp64, lik-sang could also offer to resell the domain - but at a enormous price, making a profit for themselves. an extreme example, www.business.com was purchased in 1995 for $50, sold in 1997 for $150,000, and in 1999, during the .com boom, sold for $7.5 million USD.

it's strategic either way.

Because at least since the Nintendo NES, the trend has been to make a system and then make another one later that has twice as many bits as the previous one. Does it really matter what we call it anyway? GP32 2 sounds kind of odd, but GP64 sounds better... I don't care if it's called "steaming pile of ape shit," as long as it's a good system.

the 64 in GP64 could mean anything, i does not have to be the CPU memory lenth, i could be 64Mb of RAM.

I would like a CPU to be 325mhz with a ram of 64MB, and with blutooth support.

Because at least since the Nintendo NES, the trend has been to make a system and then make another one later that has twice as many bits as the previous one. Does it really matter what we call it anyway? GP32 2 sounds kind of odd, but GP64 sounds better... I don't care if it's called "steaming pile of ape shit," as long as it's a good system.

"Is that a gameboy?"
"No, it's steaming pile of ape shit, a korean handheld, kinda like gameboy, but way better."

Dunno.... :huh:

GBAX Newsletter said:
GP32-2? Now, the biggest question... are Gamepark going to follow up the GP32 with a sequel? Or at least upgrade the current model slightly? While we can't say anything yet we might have some news on this subject in the next newsletter (oohhhh :) ).

"Is that a gameboy?"
"No, it's steaming pile of ape shit, a korean handheld, kinda like gameboy, but way better."

Dunno.... :huh:
lol
anyways, I dont think it will have 800mhz... also if they presented it on e3 in 2003 why keep it a secret for 2 years lol

Maybe they want people to know that they're working on a new system, but they don't want us to know specific information about it yet... Perhaps they're not even sure about everything it will have themselves yet.

uhh, I forget what company makes it, but there is a 600 mhz arm 10 some where

here this is my idea of what a good next GP would be

ARM1020E 667 mhz Samsung Processor with 64k cache ( also capable of floating point - designed for 3d apps )
Nvidia GoForce 3D 4500 ( about a fx5700 in power terms )
32 - 128 megs ram
3.5 inch or larger 640x480 BACK LIT screen
and 1 or 2 SD card slot(s)
Open source console
Bluetooth & WiFi for file transfer
and a 1800-2200 5v mha Li-Ion rechargeable battery pack built in
NO EXTRA GADGETS, like a camera, or GPS, or GPRS

Ovtavious

ARM1020E 667 mhz Samsung Processor with 64k cache ( also capable of floating point - designed for 3d apps )
32 - 128 megs ram
Open source console

Ovtavious

Yeah, I'd like to see a kitchen sink in there somewhere too

NO extra gadgets! :)

USB would be nice, though, a powered one. You could connect a fan to it. :) And a clamshell design, to keep it in good shape. Not too sure about the build in battery thing, rechargeables are progressing, and it would be nasty to have 2000mha, when you can get 5000mha rec. from the local K-mart. :(

All in all, more of an upgrade to current tech than anything revolutionary. I mean, GP32 works, it just doesn't have the oomph for anything beyond Megadrive. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Oh, and better speakers. Or maybe mine are just dying... :(

32 - 128 megs ram
Open source console

Ovtavious
Heck, 350mhz would be fine with me...batteries duh

Back