Samsung Electronics Depressed And Gamepark Holdings Happy

'Orkie' said:
If that is all you can find a moan about, you must be pretty satisfied in your life ;). Did it occur to you that Korean might simply be such a different language that it is hard for a native speaker to become fluent in English? How is your Korean at the moment?
Let's pretend that this person actually is representing GPH officially. We have at least one other GPH employee here who can't speak English.

If you want to be a successful part of the global marketplace then speaking English fluently is not just an asset but a requirement. I take it that GPH does have interest in selling Wiz outside of Korea, or they wouldn't be here. Difficult or not, it would be much to their advantage to choose someone who speaks proper English to represent them. Whether or not it's difficult shouldn't matter. I'm sure it's difficult to make a handheld too but we still expect them to do a competent job. Doesn't mean we all have to be experts at making handhelds, likewise there's no reason why we should be the ones who know Korean.

In other words, you can defend the person for not knowing English, but you can't really defend GPH for not getting someone who knows English to speak for them because that's just a bad move on their part.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Exophase' said:
In other words, you can defend the person for not knowing English
Then I guess it is lucky I was doing just that! I am extremely thankful that long rant was text, I would hate to think that any valuable air had been wasted on it!

'Orkie' said:
'Exophase' said:
In other words, you can defend the person for not knowing English
Then I guess it is lucky I was doing just that! I am extremely thankful that long rant was text, I would hate to think that any valuable air had been wasted on it!

I made a good point and it wasn't that long, why do you have to be such a prick?

'Exophase' said:
I made a good point and it wasn't that long, why do you have to be such a prick?
You made a very good, completely unrelated point seemingly just to ride on the back of Nova also attacking me completely unprovoked and for another unrelated reason (or lack of?). I have thought exactly the same thing about you in the past, hence why I avoid speaking to you these days.

We all should learn chinese. I'm pretty sure that it being a regional language they have a bunch of people who know it fairly well.

OK, maybe not :)

As for speaking a fundamentally different language: it's quite possible to learn english if you just get enough practice with it. That's the main difference between korea and say finland (my sister speaks korean and apparently it's quite an easy language), they have japanese, chinese and local entertainment, while we grew up with AD&D, C64 and Transformers.

well I heard that they have translated the news directly from korean to english.
I am pretty sure that everybody is aware translating a news to another language its not going to be that easy. right?
Well I dont know how good you are in English but talking about language and just putting down the person who has translate it, i dont think it would be a good idea for him to put news in korean.
At least the person has tried something to bring up.
Well lets try to understand him whatever he is putting up because he just giving me updates news for the
user who are interested, thats why I am updating the news that they are giving it to me.
If you are not that happy with the news then let me know so I will stop and keep it.

Thanks for the people who were encouraging GPH.

'GP2X-INT' said:
well I heard that they have translated the news directly from korean to english.
I am pretty sure that everybody is aware translating a news to another language its not going to be that easy. right?
Well I dont know how good you are in English but talking about language and just putting down the person who has translate it, i dont think it would be a good idea for him to put news in korean.
Well lets try to understand him whatever he is putting up because he just giving me updates news for the
user who are interested, thats why I am updating the news that they are giving it to me.
If you are not that happy with the news then let me know so I will stop and keep it.

What? This entire argument is about speaking English, and you can't even do that? What the hell are you on about?

'Username' said:
'GP2X-INT' said:

What? This entire argument is about speaking English, and you can't even do that? What the hell are you on about?

Username, don't you think that is a little harsh? Not everyone speaks English.

Man, some of you are really acting like dicks to the guy. Everyone used to complain about how GP never involved themselves with the community, and when someone shows up, you just make fun of their English and complain about whatever they say. You guys should be happy someone's making the effort to giving us the latest news about GP and the Wiz, it's good to know that the company is getting a lot of support in Korea. I'm certainly glad that someone's here to answer our questions when he can, and keeping us up to date with the project.

With the way you guys are going, I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped posting here. I guess then you can go back to complaining about how GP doesn't care about the English-speaking community.

'originalz' said:
Man, some of you are really acting like dicks to the guy. Everyone used to complain about how GP never involved themselves with the community, and when someone shows up, you just make fun of their English and complain about whatever they say. You guys should be happy someone's making the effort to giving us the latest news about GP and the Wiz, it's good to know that the company is getting a lot of support in Korea. I'm certainly glad that someone's here to answer our questions when he can, and keeping us up to date with the project.

With the way you guys are going, I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped posting here. I guess then you can go back to complaining about how GP doesn't care about the English-speaking community.
Pfftt

First of all, this isn't GPH, or at least he says he isn't. It's just some guy spamming us with information no one cares about or can even really understand to, for some reason, try to increase awareness of GPH and their products in a forum where it's painfully obvious that such tactics are not only unnecessary but insulting to our intelligence. Why the hell should I be happy about that? I'll be happy once GPH actually talks (in coherent English, not using google translate) to its broad consumer base (you know, the people they're making profit off of) about issues and what they intend to do to address them.

The other GPH guy (who didn't speak a word of English and didn't really say anything useful) was at least a step in the right direction, even if he did seem to come here just to ask us to do a rotation function for him because apparently they can't figure out how to do one themselves (which is S-A-D). This guy is just annoying, and if he were smart he would stop posting here because he's just making a mockery of GPH, whether he has any actual affiliation with them or not. Trying to hype up the company so people will buy their product is a far cry from "caring" about this community.

If you're going to try to communicate with people then the burden lies on the person communicating to know the language well enough to get their point across. I'm not going to go into a French speaking forum because I can't speak French and I know better than to trust google translate for this - these kinds of translations should be used to try to better understand what other people are saying, not to translate a message you're giving others. That's just inconsiderate. And with English being a broadly multinational language that's especially important in global business relations and is taught in many countries at a very young age it's not really all that hard to find someone who knows it enough to spend some time polishing up a sentence so it at least comes up as legible.

'Exophase' said:
Pfftt

First of all...........as legible.
Dude you're awesome. But next time break the prozac in half :)

First of all if you are not interested to read of the news then you dont have to read it.
I am just trying to update all the news that I can find for anybody who are interested in GPH.
If you are not interested then I dont think you have to read it by force.
Even in this community there are different forums to write about, and I am here to write about GPH.
I dont know why you are here waisting your time writing something that doesnt make sense.

As I told you before I am updating news to everybody who are interested in GPH.
Not to somebody like you, who are waisting there time writing craps here.

Well.

Then I will be searching for more news about GPH.
and I will updated for anybody who are interested.

'GP2X-INT' said:
First of all if you are not interested to read of the news then you dont have to read it.
I am just trying to update all the news that I can find for anybody who are interested in GPH.
Even in this community there are different forums to write about, and I am here to write about GPH.
I dont know why you are here waisting your time writing something that doesnt make sense.

Well.

Nobody cares for these news. So post them somewhere else please.

Regards

André

'fettouhi' said:
'GP2X-INT' said:

Well.

Regards

André

@Andre
Theres no reason, to be rude.

@GP2X-INT
Please, please if you're posting any topic that you think it could be a news-topic, just try to create it like everyone else doing this. Add some "dry" infos , dont try to add any of your comments like "yeah, wizz is best :)". Add some screens + info from where you know about this.

'fettouhi' said:
There are plenty of people who might be interested in Wiz news. Don't be a jerk.

'Chip' said:
'fettouhi' said:
There are plenty of people who might be interested in Wiz news. Don't be a jerk.
But this isn't Wiz news, it's GPH news. Beyond that I have a hard time understanding what it's actually about.

'Exophase' said:
But this isn't Wiz news, it's GPH news. Beyond that I have a hard time understanding what it's actually about.
Yes, his posts up to now have read more like business press releases. But if we take him at his word that he does have some sort of inside connection at GPH, then when there is something interesting or important about the Wiz (like a ship date, perhaps) then we can find out sooner from the source instead of waiting to hear 3rd hand from Play Asia.

One of the biggest complaints about GPH around here is that they are not interested in keeping their western customers in the loop. Now there is a guy who is trying to do that, and people are telling him "Shut up. We don't want to hear it." At the very least, it's rude. At worst it might guarantee that nobody from GPH ever does bother to keep us "ungrateful westerners" informed.

Back