Fenix.chl

pithy

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I am a total noob.

That being said...

I'd really like to use ConText for coding fenix but I can't seem to find a highlighter file for it. I know one exists since Moogle posted a link to it about 2 years ago, but the link is long dead. Anyone know where I can pick it up?

Thanks,

~Pithy

pithy said:
Hi all,

I am a total noob.

That being said...

I'd really like to use ConText for coding fenix but I can't seem to find a highlighter file for it. I know one exists since Moogle posted a link to it about 2 years ago, but the link is long dead. Anyone know where I can pick it up?

Thanks,

~Pithy

When I get home from work, I'll host it on my website with a link. I use Context as well.

-Kensupen

Last edited by a moderator:
Post it on the archive under programming utilities... I'm sure lots of people would enjoy having it available :)

Brilliant! Thanks so much Kensupen!

The File has been uploaded to the Utilities section of the GP2X file archive for anyone else who would like to use it.

:D :D :D

-Pithy

Strangely enough, I looked for this file a couple of days ago, and found it dead, but didn't get around to requesting it!

I was looking for information on how to build files for the gp32, as I would ideally like to release my little game (when I eventually finish it) for both machines. I found the 'Fenix Desktop' with an English exe mod, which looked like it was from around the gp32 time, but I can't get anything to compile for it. Does anyone know if there anything special I have to do?

To compile with fenix desktop you need to have no spaces in the filepath of the FXI.exe and FXC.exe files, which sucks. I recommend FlameBird2, it has built-in fenix highlighting and compilation etc, it also has autocomplete =).

I've been using Flamebird2 so far, but what happens on my program on the gp32 is that the title screen comes up, I press 'Start', and it crashes to a black screen. Are there particular commands which fail on the GP32 Fenix?

What is your code exactly? And are you sure that it works fine on PC?

Flamebird MX coming out soon! I`m beta testing, and its really really great. Much more comfortable than FB2 and less buggy, and lots of new cool features, like a built in fpg editor, dual window for editing the same file at two places at the same time, and lots of other veeeery useful stuff.

Quiest said:
Flamebird MX coming out soon...

Great news. I've got an exam tomorrow and then I'm hoping to get some more of my game done in the next couple of weeks. Look forward to the new release - is there an anticipated date?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, as Danko (who is really doing great work on FBMX) is working on it from time to time. Sorry.

But it shouldn`t be too long.

Flamebird MX coming out soon! I`m beta testing, and its really really great. Much more comfortable than FB2 and less buggy, and lots of new cool features, like a built in fpg editor, dual window for editing the same file at two places at the same time, and lots of other veeeery useful stuff.

Sounds great! I wonder if there will be a Linux version? (Or if it can be compiled on Linux).

The thing that annoys me most about it is the way you can click anywhere on the text screen and the cursor stays there as if there are lots of tabs/spaces (a bit like double-clicking in a word document on a blank bit of page) - I'm trying to lay out my coding nicely as I do work on it so infrequently. Is this 'feature' still in it?

Yes it is still in there, but it is one thing I like pretty much!
I`m really missing it in all other editors I`m using :D

But I can ask Danko to make it selectable, so the cursor returns to the end of the line.

That would be ace!
I wasn't sure if it was a 'feature' or an 'error' !

I think I wouldn't care as much if I knew what I was doing code-wise, but because I'm still finding my way, I like to be able to easily 'tab-in' code into easy to follow loops....

Thanks for passing the suggestion on - much appreciated.

Back