Fgen32 / Gigadrive Compatibility

Robster

Dodgy hardware mod maker
Website
www.cobbleware.com
Hi all,

In Rockout's recent poll about who prefers fGen32 or Gigadrive, there were some comments about Gigadrive having better compatibility. I'd like to know which games work on Gigadrive but not on fGen32 (and vice versa) - this sort of information can be useful to make both emulators better. So I put the question as a comment on the poll, but it's dropped off the front page now so of course no-one will read it :)

So, I'll ask again: first, which games don't work on fGen32, that do work on Gigadrive? Second, I'm interested in games that don't work on either.

To get us started, in the other thread Beyond Oasis, Elemental Master, and Gunstar Heroes were listed. Any others?

Thanks!

(Edit: I have read the compatibility lists around, and I'm checking games listed on them. There's some conflicting information though, and so I want to know about games that you've tested recently.)

I was slightly dissapointed with a few games of mine not working with Fgen...

Fantastic dizzy
Ghostbusters
Whereswaldo
Moonwalker
Micro Machines
Rampart
super 1996 sonic
virtual racer

Still has incredible compatibility though.. haven't tried these out on gigadrive!

I tried out Gunstar Heroes yesterday and it was working fine on FGen... then again, it worked fine for me on GigaDrive too... Of course, I've only tried the first couple of levels - is there a show-stopping bug later in the game?

These games work in GigaDrive but not in Fgen...

Crackdown
Cannon Fodder
Outrun
Speedball 2

i couldn't get gauntlet 4 to work in either :huh: . On \fgen i can get into the game but my character isn't present and on gigadrive i cant get past the title screen. not fair!!!!

mole2412 posted on Jul 8 2004 at 02:05 PM said:
i couldn't get gauntlet 4 to work in either :huh: . On \fgen i can get into the game but my character isn't present and on gigadrive i cant get past the title screen. not fair!!!!
same here. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about Gigadrive's but you can find a fGEN32 compatibility list here, it's in spanish but I'm sure it'll be so helpful =)

there are 1065 games/roms and we have tested 535 where 341 work fine and 65 of 'em have sound.

you can fill it too if you have tested any rom that noone have tried yet..

have fun.

onionfrog posted on Jul 8 2004 at 05:50 PM said:
shining force doesnt work on fgen public beta or gigadrive... :( :( :(

YAY it works on fgen christmas beta!!! :D
Yeah, the Christmas version is somewhat slower but is a completely different core.
I haven't seen any activity on my compatibility list for fGEN at all, I can only assume this is due to a lack of games that don't work - or at least I assumed that until I saw this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys he dont want to know what dosnt work on both, he want to know what works on gigadrive and not on fgen.

and diablo2 i hate that animated gif in your sig

Ghostbusters works fine whoever said it didn't. Use Ghostbusters (JUE) Version not the different dumps. Check the game on Gens and see if it works before trying it on your GP32

Back