Need A Save State From Osx Genesis Plus...

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
Currently there's a bug found in the latest versions of both Gigadrive and fGEN32 probably having to do with the 68000 core which lowered their compatibility. A very old beta of fGEN32 actually had better compatibility, especially with my favorite Genesis game, Shadowrun. Unfortunately this old version of fGEN32 had neither save state support nor SRAM saving support. So my only recourse is to hope that the save states from the Macintosh version of Genesis Plus 1.2.x work with the GP32 port. If I can get past the New Game / Load Game screen and succesfully start a new game as a Shaman, I think the rest of the game will be fine.

Anyone who has Mac OSX running and can get the emulator working available to help?

i've made you a save state at the 1st dialogue screen after starting the game, lemme know how u want it. (msn maltloaf_2000@msn.com)

Mac OS X 10.3, genesis plus 1.2.2, Shadow Run (U) [!].bin

cheers,

malty

A savestate of Streets of Rage 2 with mode Mania avaliable will be great too :)
To unlock Mode MANIA in SOR 2 enter options with buttons A & C on controller 2 pushed and then push start in Controller 1 to enter options screen.

Thx! :)

does shadowrun really work with this savestate? or does it hang up during the game?
i mean, there must be a reason, because it won't start....

anyways, did you try to make a savestate for shining force for the gp32?

generalnmx,

Do let us know how that works. I am a huge Shadowrun fan myself and experienced a similar problem. The old beta of fgen would load/run the game just fine, but the new version won't let me start a new game. I can only go to the load option...thats it. I just received my first GP32 a few days ago and that was the first game I tried on the Genesis emulators ;)

The problem is with the addition of the Cyclone engine I think, because the exact same thing happens with both Gigadrive and the latest fGEN32. The 68k values for Shadowrun are not being parsed correctly it seems, it's all in the bug report I sent to the Retrodev mailing list.

I am waiting for an email from maltloaf with the save state. Even if it doesn't work, we have to applaud maltloaf for his effort :)

Oh, and it's nice to find another Shadowrun fan. I actually started playing it again on my PC, hoping the SRAM data would be able to transfer.

Once again I thank you for your effort maltloaf, but no go :( I think it has to do with the animation or some additional information fGEN32 puts in its save states, since the fGEN32 save states are MUCH larger then the PC/Mac ones. It also gives an error about uncompressing, so I am guessing the save states are also compressed? (Which doesn't make sense to me)

Oh well, I guess I'll have to play some other Genesis games on rlyeh's amazing emulator while waiting for his next release :)

Back