Firmware On New Gp2x

air-can

Still Fresh
Just ordered a GP2X from Lik-Sang and was wondering if it will come with 2.0 firmware on it or will I have to upgrade?

Cheers. Figured as much, but wanted to check. Waiting for delivery is killing me ;-)

Incidentally, is it easy to flash the firmware? I've upgraded PC BIOSs from DOS many times - is it similar to that?

Yeah, kind of.

Download the firmware, unzip it to a freshly FAT32 formatted SD card. Put it in your GP2X and boot it. The Updating Firmware graphic should come up. Wait for it to go away. It SHOULD then do a patch and then a format.

Racer445 posted on May 4 2006 at 04:23 PM said:
Yeah, kind of.

Download the firmware, unzip it to a freshly FAT32 formatted SD card. Put it in your GP2X and boot it. The Updating Firmware graphic should come up. Wait for it to go away. It SHOULD then do a patch and then a format.

You should also need to shut the machine off when it hangs on the NOW LOADING green screen AFTER the initial Kernel flash, then boot it up holding Start and Select to start the NAND formatting/filesystem writing process which is crucial to making the system usable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark IIs probably start shipping with 2.0.0 reasonably soon. My '2nd edition' as many like to call it shipped with 1.2.1, while HydraLancer's 1st Edition arrived with some MUCH older version I've not even tried.

Back