First 105 Pandoras...

I would assume the very first ones would go to the devs, and after that to the first people in line on the preorder list. Keep in mind though that they're making more boards as we speak, and once the moulds are finished for the cases 4000 of them can be made pretty much instantly. So I don't think anyone should really be worrying about who's going to get the first ones since the time between the first 105 and the rest doesn't look like it's going to be very long

There was already a detailed thread on this some time ago, with the general consensus that it doesn't matter as the rest of the first batch will begin shipping shortly after the first 105 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yigguth said:
......Keep in mind though that they're making more boards as we speak.....
Not how I read it. The 105 were being thoroughly tested and then used to get the CE/FCC certificate/s. Would be a bit risky to plough on if they don't pass the tests.
CONFIRMED Board production starts after passing tests. I just re-read the current status on the main site http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en

Yigguth said:
Keep in mind though that they're making more boards as we speak

Are they though? Last I heard they were doing intense stress tests on the first 105 before making any more boards. Admittedly I haven't been following terribly closely of late, so maybe they have finished the testing and agreed for the rest of the boards to be made? Can anybody confirm?

I ordered from Craig's site within about 30 minutes of the pre-orders going live. I have no idea if that puts me in the first 105 or not. I hope so (because I'm selfish!)

Any News from the Burn in Test of the boards?

its been so long since the last time they talked about em about the time, the mould required some extra weeks.

DroneB Dev said:
Any News from the Burn in Test of the boards?

its been so long since the last time they talked about em about the time, the mould required some extra weeks.

Good point I am curious as well about the burn-in tests

Tom` said:
atomicthumbs said:
Craig is going to contact the people who will receive the first 105 boards.

Source

then are we going to get 105 vids of Opening the pandoras Box. (hmm maybe only one if the same thing happens again.... on live stream)

but are they getting theirs right after the FCC/CE tests of before and delivered as prototipes.

Hope the guy doesnt get into some Unexpected "Holidays".

DroneB Dev said:
Hope the guy doesnt get into some Unexpected "Holidays".
Quick, check which country he's from and Google their National Holidays. Knowing our luck the're off until January!

mindlord said:
After. But it's been said numerous times that ED has a guy. Said guy can do both tests very quickly.

I "had a guy" who could get my mortgage processed in under three weeks. That was in July, and it looks like I might get it in October. You can't just rely on a random promise that a presumably time-consuming task will magically go faster than usual. You have to assume that it will take the normal (read: long) amount of time and just hope that you can minimize it. I would really like to know how long the testing would take in the hypothetical situation where the "guy" happens to fall through.

"Expect the worst, hope for the best" is a much better way of managing expectations than "expect the best".

I think we are one month away from seeing the Pandora, and two months away from the rest of us seeing it.

Phawx said:
I think we are one month away from seeing the Pandora, and two months away from the rest of us seeing it.
I think I'm going to be in a very interesting state of mind between the time the first pandora gets to its happy owner and mine arriving in the mail. The punchline is that I should be working very hard on my master's thesis for the next six months :D

^ I think that period will be interesting for all of us. I wonder how the mood of the community will change when the first 100 are delivered? Will people relax when they see that it's finally all real? Or will we get 30 "where is mine" threads? Should be fun. :D

Back