The 105 Boards Testing...

darionapole

just out of curiosity, i read in the road map that 103 of 105 board passed the stability test. the question is about the two that didn't pass.
What happened to/with does boards? what were the problems, what program did you use to test the boards, and what was tested?

Yeah! What failed... Can I have a "failed" board (I'll buy)

If it boots and only certain parts failed (wifi/BT etc) - I'll buy one!

AFAIK the testing software was developed by Notaz and MWeston, that should be a good starting point for some digging. Search MWeston's posts for "Notaz" going back a few months, and you should find some nice detailed info.

Your time starts now.

[edit] Oh ok.

Testing failures:

MWeston said:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/Pandora_assembly.jpg

103 out of 105 passed. The other two may come up after another reflow but sometimes they are just dead and get tossed aside. This whole time has been spent working on the ones that have been functional and building the test jig with pins that probe the PCB. We've also been focusing efforts on adding more features to the software so that an automated application can be run on top of the OS to check all of the hardware functionality with as little human interaction as possible.

Testing software:

MWeston said:
It's worth saying again that Notaz's work on the kernel is clearly the reason the device is as advanced as it is today. Sure the hardware may have come along fine with minimal testing as the assembler learned how to solder the boards better but Notaz has helped me develop a comprehensive suite of test software that has helped the assembler perfect their process. So good in fact that they have started building a batch of 1000 this week after tweaking their pilot runs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
will be able to get a copy of the testing software? maybe it can be used to test the hardware when something doesn't work and you're not sure if it's the firmware that got corrupted or it the hardware broke. You save yourself a firmware flashing, configurations, etc and by the way you know what broke. :p

Back