First 105 Pandoras...

When I asked ED if there was any way of finding out, he said no because the orders were split into the different stores.

matzesu said:
Meybe, whe can send a virus to Squidge skynet, thats schould be destroy all proplems in the future whit killer robots who looks like the gouverneur of callivornien, and its need not the death of Squidge B)
nah, he'll be back

badoom tsh, thank you thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
That means nothing.
There are ways of finding out but it's not exactly trivial.
It would involve producing a text file or fetching from a database the first 105 or so from each store with the date and time. Then a simple script could put the data from the two stores together and sort them.

Kyosys said:
i vote the last guy to order, in order to effectively piss off 4000 people
+1 and release his personal contact info to include shipping address and quick links to mapquest and ninja equiptment outlet stores

Etinin said:
It would involve producing a text file or fetching from a database the first 105 or so from each store with the date and time. Then a simple script could put the data from the two stores together and sort them.
I suspect it is at least that complicated (if not more) to combine the store lists. Rather than sending to the absolute first 105 that ordered, my guess is that each store is going to get an equal or proportional number of the 105 and send it to their respective firsts. That's how the lazy person would do it, which would be me, but I'm not them and their not me. Because that would be really confusing. I've already got enough voices in my head telling me what to do.

Yea, I am pretty sure the first 20 are already snagged.

criagix with a big old hat and 4000 names.. and a live webcam draw!!! on his roof again!

vote for gruso (under the condition of him posting photos videos and lots of Posts for each day until the last of the preorders go out)

I vote for first come first served...because I ordered quite quickly when the order went up.

Trevsweb said:
criagix with a big old hat and 4000 names.. and a live webcam draw!!! on his roof again!
This.

And not just because I'm at the end of the list or anything... :p

Lets see... the first sub-batch is 105 boards.

Do it by how to grow the hype the fastest.

The creators and existing beagleboard developers will get theirs - call it 30? They will be the ones doing trade shows and getting apps working.

Media outlets & hardware review sites - 30? Got to have that buzz for the 2nd batch orders to start up.

FCC - 2 in case they break one? You weren't planning to just send (1) were you?

Assuming a 3% board fail rate: -3 (No idea what this number will be - arbitrarily picked 3 - it would be silly to assume that all 105 are perfect)

105-65 = 40.

So, what you're all worried about is who will get one of the 40 +/- 20 from this sub-batch that are likely to be shipped to customers. If you're in the US - like me, you are probably not going to get one of those 40. It takes some time for the FCC to do it's thing.

So... when is motherboard mass production going to crank out the other 3,895?

OK, now I'll go back to patiently waiting for more news.

Where does everyone get this "3895" number from? They have already said A) they haven't sold all of them and B) they are keeping units back for failures, etc.

Enverex said:
Where does everyone get this "3895" number from? They have already said A) they haven't sold all of them and B) they are keeping units back for failures, etc.
http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en

Row 5 from the bottom.

dflemstr said:
Enverex said:
http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en

Row 5 from the bottom.

Seems I misread the term "crank out" as "send out". Whoops.

Back