First version of Reicast on the Pyra devboard

Alternatively, you can buy other headphones that use up more amp to produce sound, hence need a higher volume to hear anything... and they also do not produce hiss.
I suppose I can use my high impendance headphones, though driving them properly would require an additional high power amplifier which is kinda big and heavy. Defeats the purpose somewhat. 

The method you suggest works, that background noise is not noticeable when the music is playing if I close the lid and turn off wifi. 

I guess asking for an improved audio circuit is kinda too much when there are so much stuff packed in the pyra. It's still somewhat distracting though. Maybe it's time to look for new headphones. 

It's not a deal breaker in anyway shape of form. Since most people who care about this have got a few mp3s lying around. 

Thanks a lot for everyone who replied. I too am looking forward to pyra like nothing ever before. 

First reaction: Cool! I need one!

Second reaction: I still have tons of games that run well enough on my Pandora and that I'd like to play. I don't really need more potential games to play...

But that's still a great thing to see that the Pyra is really significantly faster than the Pandora.

Well, it's not just for games. If you think like that then no one would need a phone since the first cell phone was invented and sold since the sole purpose of the original cell phone was well to make phone call... :)

Second reaction: I still have tons of games that run well enough on my Pandora and that I'd like to play. I don't really need more potential games to play...
Yeah, the Pandora is still plenty powerful enough to play many kinds of games.

Like ShenMue said, however, it's great to have more power for other things than games. A full desktop in the pocket, that's great :)  

Yep, Reicast is running very well on the Pyra ( mainly thanks to Notaz, I have done nothing, just I was there).
Not that I did much, Reicast basically just compiles and runs after adding omapdrm-specific context creation.

(just saying so that people don't expect fixes for texture/zorder problems from me, many of which are probably coming from the SGX driver anyway).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! There really is no decent DC emulator for Linux anymore, except this one.

I know it's not finalised in the Pyra dev board itself, but as a matter of curiousity, would that build of Reicast have been emulating sound as well? (just to get a better vague idea of the Pyra's potential capability!)

I know it's not finalised in the Pyra dev board itself, but as a matter of curiousity, would that build of Reicast have been emulating sound as well? (just to get a better vague idea of the Pyra's potential capability!)
Yes, the last build was emulating sound.

With Reicast, it's easy to tell if sound is emulated or not. If the speed goes > 100%, that probably means no sound. If it stay close to 100% (or slower), than sound is emulated (i.e. frame limiter is tied to the sound emulation).

You guys are kings in this game :)

That looks so good ... Pyra can't come soon enough for me

Back