Flash ARM Support!

Budgetperson

Still Fresh
Website
randomtechreviews.blogspot.com
Look at this Maximum PC article -
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/f ... olding_out
At a series of press events over the past few days Adobe has unveiled a brand new version of flash aimed directly at smartphones. The new version of Flash is optimized to work with ARM processors (like the one used in the iPhone).

So long as your smartphone has a processor clock speed of at least 200MHz and 16MB of RAM, it should be able to run the new Flash. It’s also mentioned that a “completely capable browser” is required, but given the phones that it’s meant for, there shouldn’t be any issues.

That would mean that the port of Flash to ARM should be perfect for the Pandora, right? I don't see why not.. right? :D

Or then again how much does it really matter, you can stream YouTube videos using MPlayer or something similar (Like myTube on the N8x0s). But flash games would be awesome (provided they don't need a mouse and Windows.. and you could also attach an external mouse I guess :p.

Or is there something I'm missing?

-Budgetperson

completely capable browser

that is the possible show stopper. they could code the arm version to say support only the mobile version of internet explorer on the window's mobile os. or tie it to a certain approved list, the firefox mobile phone version might be able to use it then. if not then we are sol.

I think Android uses Webkit, which is open source as far as I know.

As to the risk of it not being compatible with Firefox, this article implies the APIs will be opened enough for people to integrate it.

Sweet!

This is like the only realistic thing that the pandora was missing

Back